Marriage Guide (for those with slippery weddings)

Guides and usefull info about Perfect World game

Moderators:Yviene, Laysie

Natalya
LMSPW GM
Marriage Guide (for those with slippery weddings)

Post by Natalya » 11 Nov 2010, 06:57

Well I have come to notice that many people have an issue getting married, the main issue being that the marriages do not stick. I was taught a way to make it stick so I will post it.

REQUIREMENT!
-You must be able to know how to dual client or else this will do you no good. If you do not know how I would suggest asking fellow players on how to make it work and what programs to get.

Here is what you must do...

1. both you and your future spouse need to be in a group like normal. husband should be leader.
2. both players must open a secondary client and leave it on the login screen where you must enter the account name and pass. (DO NOT LOG ANYTHING!)
3. both player should resume with the marriage quest until they see the red system message.
4.(Pay attention, this is the important part)the male player must do this first, meaning the leader has to do this first. this is called force DC. the player must go to the second client and fill out the login info for the toon that they are currently playing. example: Max(player getting married) is located on account 'fish', the player has to go to the other client and login 'fish'.
5.check the box that says 'Force Log' and login. (you will notice your active client will say you got 'disconnected', that is good.)
6.your secondary client will now go to the character selection screen, DO NOT LOG YOUR TOON! just press the exit button, and 'Force Exit' your other client. make sure both clients are shut down and no longer running, then wait an hour for the server to catch up.

The female player should do this right after the male player DC's, if done right the next time you log in the marriage will be permanent.

*Note* This process also works for divorces but does not require two people. If you want to divorce just follow these steps and you will be free of that nuisance you married.

I hope this helps all of you frustrated lovebirds out there tired of constantly sitting in front of the Moon Elder.

~Natalya
SheilaV
Vigilance

Re: Marriage Guide (for those with slippery weddings)

Post by SheilaV » 11 Nov 2010, 09:18

Thank you for the guide.
I did it with an easier way which was force exit the client after the marriage and then log back in.
Though I wouldn't recommend my methods and it's better to go with GM Natalya's way. But posting an option wouldn't hurt ;)
Natalya
LMSPW GM

Re: Marriage Guide (for those with slippery weddings)

Post by Natalya » 11 Nov 2010, 20:41

Thank you SheilaV, yes that is another method but it does not always work, I have seen people marry then force exit and when they come back they are no longer married. If it works for people then all the better for them, my guide is a suggestion to those who have run out of options. :)