Nirvana
Re: All about WF Guide.

Post by TianShi » 24 Mar 2010, 22:09

added, thanks l7ixil7 ! :D
420man
Transform

Post by 420man » 06 Apr 2010, 09:50

TianShi wrote:if i said about "best build" well, it depends on how you play. well LA WFs are not that failed, they're pretty good. LA and MG build are good they both has good damage but MG build is way better in damage dealing.BUT, if you go Heavy WF, now that's kinda weird ;) As for Field Battle, that's what i know, perhaps if you have the correct ones you can tell me so i can correct it ? ^_^

anyways thank you! =)

They were nitpicking at you but ive heard many terms used for FB. First battle is one of the most common but i believe the true name of it (or where the term carried over from chinese servers) is "Fuben" which = dungeon.
TianShi
Nirvana

Post by TianShi » 06 Apr 2010, 16:20

ahh that clears the blurs xD hehe.. thank youu!! =) but when i was on PWI all i heard was Field Battle. =) so Fu Ben it is :)
Cefedia

Post by Cefedia » 13 Apr 2010, 07:42

ye 420 that's what its carried over from.

now about and LA wf, if you honestly say it fails horrible, you should quit this game, no matter what build in this game you play, if you know how to play it you will be good at it especially on a private server. You may say it fails because you see people that level up to fast don't know how to play suck horribly and blame it on there armor well Ive played a la wf for 2 years or so, sure not as much damage but by far more hp and pdef then a pure magic or con build.

I get told over and over every day on this server that the way im geared fails so its like meh, dont really listen to other people, everyone latches on to what one person says and believes it as fact, this is a pretty good guide though i skimmed through it
TianShi
Nirvana

Post by TianShi » 13 Apr 2010, 11:54

yea well. LA/Heavy/Robe it all depends on how well you play and understand your chars. so it's regardless, any build shall pawn officially IF you can play your chars well :)
i personally has two WFs, LA and Robe. they both have different ways to play so :)

but yea. those two are good :)
Vyper!on
Immortal

Post by Vyper!on » 20 May 2010, 15:41

TianShi wrote:
1: Robes
Low phys def, Very high magic defense, high hp.
STR = (Your level + 8) / 2
MAG = (At least Your level x 3)
VIT = (Remaining points)
AGI = 3

This build can be customized by removing points from VIT and putting them into MAG instead, for higher damage output vs lower survivability.
My speciality is not wf actually i suck at this chapter and i did not read all the guide you posted about WF but i can't agree to this statement:
TianShi wrote: 1: Robes
Low phys def, Very high magic defense, high hp.
A robe Wf does not have that much HP because she might go for Pdef Stones and pure int built.

If i think about it WF only gets 120HP per 10 con points and if she goes CON built she will not get that much HP. I would go for DMG instead of HP because the best defensive is a good offensive.
A lvl 1 fox has 60HP to begin with. She gets 24 HP for each level that she gains and recives 120HP from each 10 CON points.That mean a lvl 150 WF with 5 CON will have 3635 HP. If that WF is equiped with items that have 4 sokets each and has CON stones in those sokets she gains a bonus of 5760 HP. That means a total of 9396 HP. Depending on the grade of the robes fox wears another bonus of HP will be recived. So i think a lvl 150 WF can reach about 18k HP easy with 5 CON. From 200 extra CON wf will gain 2,4k HP from 300 extra CON she would gain 3,6k HP but this 200-300 extra CON means an equivalent INT loss wich i think it is wrong to do because high damage is needed.
So the question here is not about HP. Damage and defense are the ones that change when a WF chooses different armour sets.
If WF goes for robe She will have insane Matk and Mdef so she will be vulnerable to classes that use Patk.
If WF goes for Light armour her defense will be low and she will need a high atk to compensate that but since her INT will be lower she will lack this atk however she will have a bit of crit rate but not enough so as you said...LA fox is not the best choice.
If WF goes for heavy armour she will have good Pdef and poor atk. I belive such WF is good on this server because there are alot of warriors but she will kill them hard in 1 vs 1 because they have Mdef sutra.
So here i jumped from 1 subject to another lolz...oh well i needed an introduction to ask the following question so that is why i placed this post.
The question is:
Wich kind of WF do you guys think is it better? Heavy? Light? Robe?
Vyper!on
Abby_G
Doom

Post by Abby_G » 20 May 2010, 16:19

I have a heavy armor wf on pwi, its not bad, but its really tricky having to balance gears. you often times are using lower level heavy armor or have to find armor with -% requirements or use a lower lvl magic weapon. On that server, the veno is really amazing against wr and wb, but on this server since the majority of the wr/wb's have very high hp, the heavy wf is kinda obselete since they cant hit hard enough or fast enough to kill them. i'd go pure int or LA on this server :P
Abby_G - 132 EA
Abby_WR - 131 WR
Bowfinger
Doom

Post by Bowfinger » 20 May 2010, 17:03

My View is that the Robe fox is the best fox, however, she MUST be kitted out as such:

- Full Robes (best you can get for currently level)
- Aim for loftyexceed for the -3% cast on set and -6% on wrist
- Phys def neck/waist/rings (plus to 12) for being attacked by WR/WB/WF/EA
- Mag def neck/waist/rings (plus to 12) for being attacked by EP/MG

The only time a fox should go for light armour is if they decide they are staying permanently in fox form where magic is not so important.

Heavy fox is "lol" in this server due to donators with interval gear (myself included) can tear through heavy fox in a matter of seconds.

Alternative for heavy/light fox is to wear fists and get full interval gear and keeping bramble guard permanently on self as a reflective shield. That way fox can have phoenix as a secondary warrior for added DPS. That setup is only good if you want to avoid all aspects of using magic and go straight into warrior-wannabe mode.

Just some views, I could expand on any of these, send me a private message via forum if anyone wants any further explainations.

Bow
x1000 - Solomon
Marengo
Disengage

Post by Marengo » 20 May 2010, 21:46

Heavy fox is "lol" in this server due to donators with interval gear (myself included) can tear through heavy fox in a matter of seconds.
wouldnt say so, because i can live a little bit in robe vs WR with max attack speed. i guess heavy fox will survive way better) but she rly will lack dmg.. if only she will catch WR without sutra, which is possible in mass PK, hardly possible in 1 vs 1.
The only time a fox should go for light armour is if they decide they are staying permanently in fox form where magic is not so important.
pking in fox is harder as u lose your main advantage - range. and as long as WRs has nice attck rate, range is smth that should save fox's fell.
Alternative for heavy/light fox is to wear fists and get full interval gear and keeping bramble guard permanently on self as a reflective shield. That way fox can have phoenix as a secondary warrior for added DPS. That setup is only good if you want to avoid all aspects of using magic and go straight into warrior-wannabe mode.
then its better to make WR and not to torture poor WF :mrgreen: reflect works on mobs only (on players only in duels, arena and battlefield), pure-int fox will kill not slower, imo
- Mag def neck/waist/rings (plus to 12) for being attacked by EP/MG
2 spammable skills of EP do physical damage) as for mages.. they prefer to use 2chi aoe stun than physical damage skill, so yes, vs mages its not so dangerous to go full mdef
x1000 ~ WF ~ Marengo
Active on PWI-LC (same name)
Bowfinger
Doom

Post by Bowfinger » 21 May 2010, 13:08

With the recent replies and sitting thinking last night (got no internet, moved house, using friends laptop lol) i'm gonna try heavy fox with my full interval gear when I get home. I have a level 106 fox so I'm not too far off.

I'll let you know of my findings Mara :)
x1000 - Solomon