All about WF Guide.

Moderators:Yviene, Laysie

TianShi
Nirvana
Re: All about WF Guide.

Post by TianShi » 21 May 2010, 14:32

Hmm i'll go either Pure Int or Heavy WF. LA WF somehow in the middle and got no specialties in herself.. and yes Heavy WF might have lack damage, but high pdef indeed. i recently just tried being a heavy fox and its not that bad.. better than LA at least. Geez i have to correct what i said that LA WFs are good. hehehe.
Marengo
Disengage

Post by Marengo » 21 May 2010, 17:49

Bowfinger wrote:With the recent replies and sitting thinking last night (got no internet, moved house, using friends laptop lol) i'm gonna try heavy fox with my full interval gear when I get home. I have a level 106 fox so I'm not too far off.

I'll let you know of my findings Mara :)
well, i dont doubt you will get good results with max interval heavy fox. i even know such fox, attack speed is really amazing. but i tried to speak not about donators only. it goes without saying that if u put $$$ to maximize you main parametres you rock in any build with any char.
x1000 ~ WF ~ Marengo
Active on PWI-LC (same name)
Bowfinger
Doom

Post by Bowfinger » 21 May 2010, 18:49

Be funny to see a wee dainty WF come along and kick 7 bells out of a WR or WB with fists or sword though lol
x1000 - Solomon
Marengo
Disengage

Post by Marengo » 22 May 2010, 17:23

Bowfinger wrote:Be funny to see a wee dainty WF come along and kick 7 bells out of a WR or WB with fists or sword though lol
impossible) she cant turn into fox (passive fox skill increases physical attach in animal form), cant heal pet, cant use skills. she will do not much vs WR's sutra in human form)

WF is a magic class and should use magic wep
x1000 ~ WF ~ Marengo
Vyper!on
Immortal

Post by Vyper!on » 23 May 2010, 13:22

Bowfinger wrote:Be funny to see a wee dainty WF come along and kick 7 bells out of a WR or WB with fists or sword though lol
Wf with fists....hmm....WF has a skill that makes the opponent lose fury points when reciving damage. And fox with interval and fists might do some damage but that is only for custom and even then you must catch an opponent in order to use those atks on him. Vs wb fury loss is not that good because wb has a skill that gives him fury when he is atked. Also vs wr this will not be a good option either becase he inflicts more damage with fists than fox....and last fox hits with feet so i think fists will not affect her damage :D
As Mara said you should think about a good built without custom because not everyone can affort to spend $$ in order to get stronger.
From what i saw i would choose robe fox for pvp because it has awsome dmg and she can run just fine from opponents that want to stun her. She can also debuff opponents and stun them.
I would choose heavy wf for tw party or dungeon party in case i would not have other tank but as damager heavy wf sux.
In my oppinion the best deffensive is a good offensive. I apply this rule on my EA and it works just fine. Any wr or wb (especially custom) can kill me in 3-5 sword hits without fury (if they have warsoul sword) but for that they need to catch me. >:)
Vyper!on
TianShi
Nirvana

Post by TianShi » 23 May 2010, 15:07

Mara wrote:
impossible) she cant turn into fox (passive fox skill increases physical attach in animal form), cant heal pet, cant use skills. she will do not much vs WR's sutra in human form)

WF is a magic class and should use magic wep
Very true...
Marengo
Disengage

Post by Marengo » 23 May 2010, 16:32

Vyper!on wrote:Wf with fists....hmm....WF has a skill that makes the opponent lose fury points when reciving damage.
Actually fox has 3 debuffs which cancel each others: vigor crush, amplify (target recieves more damage) and Soul Degeneration (HP and MP regeneration rate reduce to zero). last one is pretty useless as it doesnt affect hieros. so we need to choose betw vigor crush and amplify =) whats more profitable? depends on situation, but in most cases amplify is.
From what i saw i would choose robe fox for pvp because it has awsome dmg and she can run just fine from opponents that want to stun her. She can also debuff opponents and stun them.
I would choose heavy wf for tw party or dungeon party in case i would not have other tank but as damager heavy wf sux.
i'd say vice versa =)) heavy wf is not too bad as a damager, but it sux as a tanker. she is not tanker at all. "to tank" doesnt mean "to be able to survive". even i, robe glass cannon, can survive vs most bosses (its not a "tanker", its just a strong char))). "to tank" means to keep agro and take it back if someone steals it. WF has no agro skills. if another damager in party steals boss she will have no chance to take boss back.

imo, heavy fox is more defensive build, mass pvp and TWs oriented.
x1000 ~ WF ~ Marengo
Vyper!on
Immortal

Post by Vyper!on » 23 May 2010, 17:32

Mara wrote:
Vyper!on wrote:Wf with fists....hmm....WF has a skill that makes the opponent lose fury points when reciving damage.
Actually fox has 3 debuffs which cancel each others: vigor crush, amplify (target recieves more damage) and Soul Degeneration (HP and MP regeneration rate reduce to zero). last one is pretty useless as it doesnt affect hieros. so we need to choose betw vigor crush and amplify =) whats more profitable? depends on situation, but in most cases amplify is.
i'd say vice versa =)) heavy wf is not too bad as a damager, but it sux as a tanker. she is not tanker at all. "to tank" doesnt mean "to be able to survive". even i, robe glass cannon, can survive vs most bosses (its not a "tanker", its just a strong char))). "to tank" means to keep agro and take it back if someone steals it. WF has no agro skills. if another damager in party steals boss she will have no chance to take boss back.

imo, heavy fox is more defensive build, mass pvp and TWs oriented.

To tank means to take hits and survive as far as i know. Comes from the real meaning of the word tank.
I tasted your dmg on my EA and i also tried to defeat heavy MG (that has around 45k pdef) without using metal dmg. I say that defeating heavy mage without magic skills is easy.
Based on my fights i should say that robe wf is the most effective of all. At least vs me it is and u know it :D
Besides most players here are wrs so in order to tank them you need pdef. What i said there is that heavy wf is a better tank than robe wf. Vs magic is the other way around but still....:P
Vyper!on
saki
Transform

Post by saki » 31 May 2010, 23:43

Mhm a heavy armour WF won't have high magic defence lol >_>
server/class/char/guild/lvl
1000x/WB/Zwei/CrssAcdmy/150
~ZWEI~
saki
Transform

Post by saki » 31 May 2010, 23:48

Vyper!on wrote:
Wf with fists....hmm....WF has a skill that makes the opponent lose fury points when reciving damage. And fox with interval and fists might do some damage but that is only for custom and even then you must catch an opponent in order to use those atks on him. Vs wb fury loss is not that good because wb has a skill that gives him fury when he is atked. Also vs wr this will not be a good option either becase he inflicts more damage with fists than fox....and last fox hits with feet so i think fists will not affect her damage :D
As Mara said you should think about a good built without custom because not everyone can affort to spend $$ in order to get stronger.
In my oppinion the best deffensive is a good offensive. I apply this rule on my EA and it works just fine. Any wr or wb (especially custom) can kill me in 3-5 sword hits without fury (if they have warsoul sword) but for that they need to catch me. >:)

Mhm my wr misses too much can't even kill you with a 15 second or longer change stun..
server/class/char/guild/lvl
1000x/WB/Zwei/CrssAcdmy/150
~ZWEI~