Beauty Contest?

Post anything you want here

Moderators:Yviene, Laysie

Nenaraz
Autoscopy
Beauty Contest?

Post by Nenaraz » 23 Mar 2011, 17:55

I couldn't resist but notice over these 13 days of voting process a lot of usernames which have 0 posts. I bet that their profiles were made just for the cause of voting. There should have been only 7 days.

I'm really curious as to see whether or how are admin/moderator teams of the forum are going to be fair and correct when it comes to checking which usernames are sharing same IP/custom generated e-mail.

Also, I must notice that the event isn't quite regular since each person can vote twice in two voting polls.

I knew I should have taken some screenshots of both dates as well as voting count up until the 18th of March, end of the contest. However, I did not, unfortunately.

Yesterday as well as five days ago the votes were like this

OowolfoO and Fuu = 20 (no.1. and obvious winners)
Nenaraz and Maiagaru = 16 (no.2)
Kinzoku_k and Kinzoku_q = 8 (no3.)

However, the situation THIS DAY had changed to

Kurea and Burner = 21 (Who, miraculously in the past two days received 17 votes! They had, like, 6 all these days! Yesterday they had exactly 14 votes, but today they have 21.)
OowolfoO and Fuu = 20
Nenaraz and Maiagaru = 20

If anyone was following the situation over these days they'd know the difference as well as the truth.

Let me remind you of what's been written by the staff.
Branish wrote: Voting is up and ready

Code: Select all

Posted: 11 Mar 2011, 17:27
Branish wrote:4) voting poll will be opened immediately after the closing date for registration and open for 1 week.
5) Results of the vote will be published on the forums within one week of the closing date.

Code: Select all

Today is 23 March 2011
It's been five days since the original week passed. Voting should have been closed on 18th of March. And withing these five days people received more votes that those who originally had more in the first place (including ourselves, a.k.a me and Maiagaru, we received 4 points withing period that's not original week).
▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓§~*`
Cropolite
Autoscopy

Re: Beauty Contest?

Post by Cropolite » 23 Mar 2011, 21:20

The event winners are chosen by the voting community.

Do you really think it will ever be "fair"?
Nenaraz
Autoscopy

Post by Nenaraz » 24 Mar 2011, 01:43

Of course I do!

Today, after seeing that they share same place like we do, OuwolfoO and Fuu received 4 more votes (lol).

Whole thing is just crazy since anyone can vote if they make a forum account. There's no point in competing like that since there're obvious cheaters. Hopefully, something more realistic will come out soon as well as the point of what's been done up untill 18th. However, it's extremely weird that everything's calm for a week and all of a sudden - bam - votes. Fishy.
Adieu

Post by Adieu » 25 Mar 2011, 04:00

I made an account to vote for Luna and Yulaw ^^"
Nenaraz
Autoscopy

Post by Nenaraz » 25 Mar 2011, 18:12

Adieu wrote:I made an account to vote for Luna and Yulaw ^^"
:D

Now, I really like honest people :D

Thank you. :]
Abby_G
Doom

Post by Abby_G » 26 Mar 2011, 06:48

I hope people realize that fighting only REDUCES the likely hood of GM's wanting to host an event. It takes two people to have a fight...
Abby_G - 132 EA
Abby_WR - 131 WR
Nenaraz
Autoscopy

Post by Nenaraz » 28 Mar 2011, 15:39

It shouldn't reduce anything if there's a proper dedication as well as the will to host an event.

Since the original week passed long ago, I don't believe that there's anything wrong with stating few things here and there. Forum is meant to be for the players/possible players/discussions.

Those who really have nothing smart to say and who're making things to look worse than they are are people who are not making any constructive goal once the subject/topic had been made.

Taking events such as this lightly wouldn't produce any particular meaning. By having obvious cheaters, that will only ruin the will of people to join in future events which'll ultimately bring a downfall of popularity.

---

Taking for instance the fact that many people are arguing about bows/crossbows/slingshots - I don't see anyone telling them to calm down.

Anyways, topic is in the Random section, hopefully more people will take notice of it, however whether we argue or not (and we don't) - the event's really out of the order. My assumption is that because of the irregularities of the voting system whole thing is placed in the "n" plan by respective holders of the event.

---
I, as a member of the event, believe that I do have the right to question certain actions/situations/factors that led to particular mishapped state. Having a dedication towards the event doesn't mean that we're ruining it or making it worse, but, instead, we're adding ourselves into it by placing a good amount of both our expectations as well as dedication - each on our own way.
Philosophical, cowardly concept "let it go, it's just a game" will not produce any particular satisfaction but, instead, a loss of dedication/expectation. If we, players of the event, didn't take it seriously that would mean that we don't have particular respect towards the event/LMSPW/Administration of the forum.
And by respecting the event i mean respecting each playing contestant equally and respectfully while keeping personal impression of their contestant "abilities" to me. However, when someone's ruining the concept of the event with particular goal of winning while asking guild/making bots to vote - I don't find that to be ethical, by all means.

Fighting, well, we'll leave that to those who tend to insult rather than to understand and constructive arguing/stating/making a point to the well educated and dedicated players who like the server and are giving their best to popularize it.
Adieu

Post by Adieu » 31 Mar 2011, 07:56

I personally feel things like that are best left to GM decisions and voting, so at least these sort of quarrels wont start, or become issues I suppose. Either way, it's kewl they host events, would hate to see them rethink in the future over a dispute. Just in the future, don't make it community based, decide amongst yourselves ;p
Ebon
Transform

Post by Ebon » 10 Apr 2011, 16:01

Rumors are that the host of this event has resigned himself from the staff a couple of days ago, hence why this event couldn't be concluded. (correct me if i am wrong)

As for poll based events that are open to the community, I disagree with those being hosted again in the future.
It was already stated above, I'd rather have users with fair and unbiased judgment towards the community such as the staff itself decide which entry is worth the prize.

EVENT

We encourage you to host more of those.
Ebonarch - Elf Archer - LVL 150 - 1000x