Elf Priest:Builds

Guides and usefull info about Perfect World game

Moderators:Yviene, Laysie

omegahitman
V.I.P.
Elf Priest:Builds

Post by omegahitman » 27 May 2008, 01:01

with the elf priest there are two builds i approve of, the INT-EP and the CON-EP (AKA the Healer Priest/Nun and the Support Priest/Nun)

Build #1: INT-EP: AKA the Healer Priest/Nun

this i find to be the traditional EP and see it lot, these EPs are basically aiming to help with nuking and do heal a lot, their main goal is heal everyone and secondary is to help the WFs and Mages do damage while reviving everyone when they die...

Stats
STR: like the Mage, get this only as necessary for equips
AGI: don't touch it, no don't
CON: probably should stay away from this too, but i will allow leway since you might need it to live
INT: this is your baby, you will give it lots and lots of stat pts and watch it grow immensily

Suggested Weapons/Armors: (i will be taking this from the Mages)

Weapons:staves/wands are okay, but due to their higher INT and the more precisedamage (smaller magic attk range), i'd suggest stick to magic-swordsand cuoit (the circular magic weapons that look like vajras)

Armor: Robes, and i would not suggest anything else, otherwise you have to build up useless stats

Pros:
you can do lots of damage with your magic skills, and heal yourself at the same time, and because of your higher Int you heal slightly more then the Con-EP.... in Pvp i'd watch out for them becuase they can buff and heal themselves easily, and debuff others if given time, and with the feather sheild and lots of Mp they can possibly outlast just about anything, and reviving is really, Really, REALLY nice!! and you can fly infinitely from day one.....

Cons:
you have no con, and will likely die quickly, now yes you can heal, but sometimes that monster will hit for all your life and completely destroy the point of your regan... in Pvp if you get skill interupted you're pretty much dead-meat

Build #2: CON-EP: The Support Preist/Nun

The support EP is just that, all they do is Support, because they heal slightly less then the healer their main goal is buffing and de-buffing, while supporting the main EPs with extra healing and pretty much keeping everyone else alive while the Healer tries to help with the nuking, and thanks to their extra life if the Healer EP (EP#1) gets killed, in fact if EVERYONE gets killed, the Support EP (EP#2) can last long enough to at least revive EP#1 and move on to someone else and/or distracting the monster so everyone else can be revived and run away, so in some ways these are our kamikaze EPs, sacrificing themselves so everyone else can live

Stats
STR: as we all know by now, only when needed for equips
AGI: don't touch, its a no-no
CON: like the Con-Mage this is our dump-stat, throw your leftovers here.... though the general concensus is to go for either 2/3 Int/Con or the other way around per level, with the occasional Str for equips
INT: again, like the Con-Mage, get to where you need it, at least, and a bit higher, stick with the lvl pt distribution and you should be fine until about 30~ when you start to need more Int for your equips, remember to keep up with them no matter what, you'll need it

Suggested Weapons/Armors:

Weapons: again, magic-swords and cuoits are your thing, since they require slightly less INT then some wands, and do more precise damage then staves.....

Armor: Robes, yes i know it sucks you have no phys def. but that's what your buffs are for.....

Pros:
these guys can take a hit, and deal it pretty nicely too, not so much as Healers but pretty good, so in Pvp they can take a hit where a healer wouldn't....

Cons:
the main being you heal slightly less and your magic-damage is less too, and despite have life, you are still and EP and not exactly ment for close combat.... again, in Pvp if you get skill interupted your dead, but you won't die immediately from a single hit

The Support Priest/Nun: in my opinion, i love these guys, my brother plays one and is awesome at what he does, when in a party he plays his role as support to the letter, all he does is heal everyone, and makes sure the Healer EPs are alive and keep their special arrays working, and its from partying with him that i've seen a support EP in action to its fullest degree, more often then not it was because of his sacrificing himself as a lurer after all the rest of us died and he revived us, that i've made it through many of my cults and fbs, if you are and EP, be like the Support EPs, you can be a Healer still, but keep that Kamikaze mind-set, it is your job to make sure EVERYONE ELSE survives, that is your job, stick to it and keep it up

Micellanious Build:(ignore as see fit)

yes, there is a micellanious build for the EPs, and you wonder why i wasn't screaming about not wearing strickly Robes like i did with the mages, now this build is simply this:

The Light-armor EP:

yes, this is a very weird build, and i slightly approve of it, IF, and only IF you are good enough to use it properly, this is my Kamikaze EP to the max, their only purpose is to heal in party, but with their odd stats they actually have the ability to solo... now why didn't i suggest this same build for the Mages? simple, a light-armor mage cannot fulfil their role of blowing everything up properly if they waste states on Agi, EPs only really heal, so they can risk it, plus the dodge will help them live when everyone else is dead...

Stats:
STR: as needed for equips
AGI: as needed for light armor
CON: best not to touch, but you can risk it and wear a grade lower armor
INT: as needed for equips

Suggested Weapons/Armors:

Weapons: i'd suggest the same as the other EPs, but because of the hard build it'd probably be best to go with staves since they require less Int

Armor: Light, this is your whole purpose, if you stray from this, why are you a light-armor EP??

Pros:
again, you can take a hit, you have phys def. now, and with the Agi you can possibly dodge and Crit better, otherwise same

Cons:
you can't do as much damage as the Support EP, and more then likely youdon't heal as much, plus because you are wearing Light-armor you haveless magic def. buffs are the key here, otherwise same
Guild: =HFA=
Class: EA // WR // WF // EP // MG // WB
Level: 102 // 80 // 78 // 81 // 93 // 45
IGN: †Hitman† // ‡Hitman‡ // ~Elektra~ // %Hitman% // †Elektra† // ­ ¥Hitman¥