Mage:Builds

Guides and usefull info about Perfect World game

Moderators:Yviene, Laysie

omegahitman
V.I.P.
Mage:Builds

Post by omegahitman » 27 May 2008, 00:59

with Mages there are two builds i know that are really effective, the CON mage and the INT mage (or as i like to call them, the Loner Mage and the Nuker)

Build #1: Con Mage: AKA the Loner Mage

this build is fairly similar to the WBs first build, only, ironically, opposite.... The CON mage is a mage who has decided 'i want some life' and therefore sacrifice their ability to do the maximum damage with their skills so they can take a few hits, the only reason i call this the 'loner mage' is because simply, they are probably the only mage that can go out and fight something on their own, while the Nuker relies heavily on a tanker's distraction so they can cast and wipe out the feild.... Unlike the STR-WB these mage still, technically, fulfill their role as the main punch in any party, just slightly less then the nuker, and i think EPs would like them cause they have to revive them slightly less....

Stats
STR: only, and i can't stress this enough, ONLY to the amount needed for your weapon, no more
AGI: don't touch, seriously, just don't
CON: this is our odd stat, for these guys add left over pts as you see fit, some go for 2Con every 3Int, while other do the opposite and switch around when they need Str, but this is the stat you mainly dump in....
INT: Main stat, get as needed for equips and add more if you feel like it

Suggested Weapons/Armors:

Weapons: staves/wands are okay, but due to their higher INT and the more precise damage (smaller magic attk range), i'd suggest stick to magic-swords and cuoit (the circular magic weapons that look like vajras)

Armor: Robes, and i would not suggest anything else, otherwise you have to build up useless stats

Pros:
they do a lot of magic damage, and with the extra Con they can take a hit and still be able to run, plus with the mages extreme range (28m at max) they are likely able to have time to decide if you want to run or risk that hit, easier to fight early mobs then Nuker, in Pvp if you use skills right, you can win easily

Cons:
you are still a mage, and despite the fact that you can now take maybe 3 hits, instead of the normal 1, you will still die quickly if you go for close combat, it will take more shots to kill a creature then a Nuker, less Mp then Nuker, in Pvp if you don't use skills right you will lose

Build #2: INT Mage: AKA The Nuker

this is the epitome of what a mage should be, all Int, with far range Mag-Attks, and AOEs like crazy, your job is to blow up the enimes as fast as possible while the WB/WR distract them, if you are hit, you are dead, so you and the EP will be great friends, with the WF doubleing as backup mag-attk and protecting you while their pet protects them, and the archers snipeing minor enimies away from you while you are taking that 7-8 secs to summon up mega element attks....

Stats
STR: Only as needed for equips
AGI: don't touch, as i said before
CON: don't touch either, you are ment to do damage, not take it
INT: thorw everything you have in here, for massive damage

Suggested Weapons/Armors:

Weapons: Cuoits and Magic swords, kinda ignore staves, and wands are okay if you NEED too

Armor: Robes, and only Robes, if i see a mage in anything else i will sick my baby on you.....

Pros:
They do as their name says, they Nuke, EVERYTHING!! anything that gets caught in one of their AOEs will be dead, period, they are good for wiping whole fields of mobs..... higher lvl mobs are a breeze if you have all the right skills, plus high lvl sheilds help with damage reduction, in Pvp they are only good if they hit....

Cons:
The wind blows at you the wrong way, you die..... if anything, ANYTHING gets near you, you are dead, so in Pvp yeah, if you hit that STR-WB you will automatically win, unfortunately it takes him no time to get close to you and smack you with that hammer, and the Fist-WRs will almost always cause skill interupt on you, so you die.....

The Nuker: i love the idea of just blowing everything up i personally go with this build when i make a mage, yes it is very frustrating in those low levels where i died agaisnt EVERYTHING, especially that skill interupting mofo-cactus, but as i got high enough, with lots of determination, i was blowing up whole fields of mobs like it was nothing, while i was safely perched on a rock, yay rocks...
Guild: =HFA=
Class: EA // WR // WF // EP // MG // WB
Level: 102 // 80 // 78 // 81 // 93 // 45
IGN: †Hitman† // ‡Hitman‡ // ~Elektra~ // %Hitman% // †Elektra† // ­ ¥Hitman¥