Archer:Builds

Guides and usefull info about Perfect World game

Moderators:Yviene, Laysie

omegahitman
V.I.P.
Archer:Builds

Post by omegahitman » 27 May 2008, 00:57

Archer

with the archer there are about 3 builds i know of, and the key to each of these builds is their weapon, so i will only post the general build and the main difference will be in the equips:

Build: (overall)

the archer is the character that stands behind everyone and shoots everything down before it reaches the mages (who are infront of them but behind the EPs) the archer is a support/lurer type of char, they support the WBs and WRs by popping mobs to save the WB some life and WR from have to hit something else, and they are good at lureing the bosses so the WFs don't have to sacrifice their pets and the WRs don't have to sacrifice themselves

Stats
(this is relative to lvl and equips needed)
STR: only add to this when necessary, depending on weapon depends on how many pts you have left over to add here, crossbows generally require the most STR to weild while slingshots the least, with bows being that inbetween...
AGI: this is an archer's main skill, i'd highly suggest putting all extra in this stat, but due to the archer's build, when necessary add to other stats
CON: not really important, i'd suggest against adding here, but occasionally you need a bit more life, but if you are good at kiting (constantly hitting the 'S' key and running backwards) this shouldn't be much of an issue, remember archers stay in the back AWAY from enemies
INT: like con, not really necessary, i'd COMPLETELY suggest against it, but these are elves, and elves without some brains is kinda sad....

Suggested Weapons/Armors:
now this is where the difference in builds comes in, there are three depending on each weapon and the effects they have on combat:

Rapid-fire: Slingshots: this is the archer who has about the least STR but most AGI, there are discrepincies due to preferences of the other two generally useless stats, but overall least STR and most AGI..... Rapid-fires use slingshots and base their entire build around this weapon, their idea is to basically hit anything as fast as they can despite it not being that much of a punch, ideally if they hit faster they do more damage overall, and with their high critical rate this could be very true....... its a wonder i don't see more of these

Pros:
hits really, Really, REALLY fast, damage reduction is 4.5m instead of 5m, criticals alot and will almost always hit, period, and they have high dodge (like all archers) there is a possiblity they can cuase skill interupt becuase of their speed, but this is theoretical and un-tested, good in Pvp becuase of high dodge, and proper skill usage, damage okay as long as you stay away from them.....

Cons:
if they get hit, you die, unless you've spent a few pts in Con, not as strong per hit as the other weapon builds, not the best against magic, and soloing becomes harder when creatures get past 50+ becuase of the rampant amount of magic used....

Classic Archer: Bows: here's for our middle ground archer, AGI is high as usual for an archer but they have more STR then RPs and less then Snips, with miscellanious stats around....... Classic Archers stick with bows and build around this weapon, their rate of fire is slower then RPs but faster then Snips, with high crit like all archers they do good damage when they crit and so-so when they just normally hit, but like all archers, they almost never miss...... the general middle range archer, and probably most common in lower levels

Pros:
pretty much the same, stronger per hit then slingshot
Cons:
pretty much the same, not as strong per hit as the crossbow

now The Sniper: crossbows: here's the archer's heavy hitter, with the archer high AGI and the most STR for the archers this is the one that will probably do the most damage per hit...... Snips stick with crossbows and build around this weapon, they have the slowest rate of fire but the highest damage per normal hit, and most with crits, these are the guys that HAVE to stay in the back, they are snipers, if they get spotted and hit they're pretty much dead, kiting is the key with these guys, but hopefully, like a real sniper, you will get that magnificent headshot long before that creature is even on your screen..... i see alot of them, especially in higher levels, plus most people go to this build after their 19FB becuase they give you a pretty nice crossbow that will last you for awhile....

Pros:
prettymuch the same, strongest per hit
Cons:
pretty much the same, slowest hit rate of the weapons

and the miscellanous weapon that always shows up to combat the archers lack of being able to hit anything point-blank:
The Fists: like i said, the downfall to most all archers is the 5m damage reduction: AKA if it can hit you, you can't hurt it for anything with your normal weapon, so most, if not all the really good archers i've seen, have these Fists as a backup weapon for when things get a tick too close Fists are good, and easy for archers, becuase they hit very quickly and with their high AGI will just about ALWAYS hit and possible cause skill intturpt so you can kite away from them and pull out that main weapon to shoot them again with knock-back skill....... these Fists are also good becuase they require about the same stats as any of the previous weapons...

Armor:Light, please just stick with this its the easiest for archers to wear and provides both decent phys and magic defense, though i have seen archers have a sub-set of heavy armor for when phys creatures get closeand they have to switch to their fists, i'd only suggest this to someone with a maxed out inventory (unless you don't like picking stuff up )

Classic Archer: decent, i see alot of them at low lvls because you start off with a bow and most people don't consider changing until way later, general guys, do theirlureing well, have a good distence, good support, and generally the guy you seen in every 19fb...

Sniper: in my opinion the best,simply because i like snipers, in real life, in game i'd like to try one out, at high levels i think they are the best of the three builds simply becuase they're probably the only ones to claim 'HEAD-SHOT'becuase they could kill something with one well placed critical hit..... slow to shoot but worth it when they do....

Fists: a must have for any archer who is tired of getting ganked by phys mobs at low levels.....

Micellanious Build:(ignore as see fit)
now this is something i've heard of, mainly from my brother, but haven't really seen, i put this down here because i'm not 100 percent sure on the validity of this build or how good it is:

The CON Archer: yes,i know i previously stated ignore con/only put IF necessary, but appearently there is a build where an archer adds all stats required for their weapon of choice and then add what's left in Con up until they can't keep up with weapons/armor or settle for the 'next best thing'.... as stated i'm not completely sure of this build or its capability of performing its necessary function as a support fighter

Stats:
STR: as needed for weapon
AGI: as needed for weapon
CON: basically throw in whatever is left in here
INT: i'd assume they NEVER touch this, but i could be wrong

Suggested Weapons/Armors:
same as the normal archers, including the thing for fists

Pros:
you can take a hit, i think that's the whole idea behind these guys, decent crit/hit rates, attk rate depending on weapon....

Cons:
ideally their AGI and STR would be lower, meaning they would crit as much as normal archers, and probably actually miss a few times...
Guild: =HFA=
Class: EA // WR // WF // EP // MG // WB
Level: 102 // 80 // 78 // 81 // 93 // 45
IGN: †Hitman† // ‡Hitman‡ // ~Elektra~ // %Hitman% // †Elektra† // ­ ¥Hitman¥