Patch 51 Information

News, Patch notes and more

Moderators:Yviene, Laysie

htk
Transform
Re: Patch 51 Information

Post by htk » 15 May 2010, 06:44

i am no where near doing 109 solo nor do i donate but i think this is a good change i mean it was wwwaaaaayyyyy to easy to get endgame gear before now they put a little challenge to it if you want nothing but ease when it comes to a game may i suggest you play a preschoolers game. come on whats the point of playing if everything is handed to you. and as i see it your still getting 30-40m a run in fb109 for a single instance thats pretty decent coin sure not the 60mil+ you got before but oh well. idk bout the rest of you but if a game is to easy for me i get bored with it extremely fast. anyways im done ranting feel free to flame me for my opinions as lots are prone to do( i don't listen to most of you anyway) peace and have fun gaming
then go play PWI
furiousone
Transform

Post by furiousone » 15 May 2010, 07:23

unseenspec wrote:@furiousone

I didn't even think about the drop rate for higher levels in fb119. Best solution would be make all fb mobs "?" level (150) and just adjust the HP of the mob to fit the instance.
yes this would be a great idea, im forced to switch gear and use a low lvl to farm warsoul mats cuz of my mains high lvl. but yet i would like to keep lvling my main and get mats at same time would be nice.
xhatedx

Post by xhatedx » 15 May 2010, 16:53

fix the droppage of fb109 bosses, the HP is ridiculous and if u want us to do it with a squad, it will be crappy money since bosses drop 1 mill, Rofl this has been a crappy update in my opinion + warsoul armor and donation for it to have better stats= no chance for non donators to kill..GG no offenses i know Gms on a server like this work very hard, coz i myself have been ex Gm on another server..PW files are hard coded to edit im actually amazed how u guys remade instances into ur own custom dungeons and how u edit the drops of them,anyway my personal opionion FBs used to have more team work (109) before this patch coz ppl worked together with guildies etc to help them farm money but now the bosses drop messed up money and very low rate for 4soc armor or max statted jewelry so basically it would be more fun + easier for ppl if u put back the drop rate how it was for gold in fb109 off bosses, the extra HP is nice coz it takes a while to kill the boss so i dont have a prob with that [This is my opinion no1 post bad comments on it]
Last edited by xhatedx on 15 May 2010, 23:14, edited 1 time in total.
TianShi
Nirvana

Post by TianShi » 15 May 2010, 17:38

it's just dramatically changed, it's all the same when 120million for rank8 changes to 1,2billion.. just takes time to settle around. after all this patch is awesome :)
htk
Transform

Post by htk » 15 May 2010, 17:42

no offense...sorry, but....... , awesome? c'mon... many players were annoyed in these drastic changes....
Kurea
Transform

Post by Kurea » 15 May 2010, 19:36

Before the patch I asked LMS about the Wristband of Sagacious which couldn't be crafted anywhere eventhough the mold for it was for sale in the LMS furnaces.
He told me that it would be included in this patch but I still can't find any place to craft it, nor did it appear in the patch notes.
So my question is, can this item be crafted anywhere now or is there any other way of obtaining it?
Thanks in advance :)
xhatedx

Post by xhatedx » 15 May 2010, 23:17

Wrist band of Sagious and Faeries power both drop from a boss lvl 112 or so Eclipsal Calas would be nice for u to put it inside fb 109s it would be nice since u dont gotta craft it lol
Adeno
Autoscopy

Post by Adeno » 15 May 2010, 23:30

Hello there! I just want to share my thoughts about a couple of issues this patch seems to have raised.

FB Dungeons:

From what I've been hearing from people, it seems that the difficulty and gold drop from the monsters have been changed, especially FB109. This dungeon was a place that a lot of people loved going to, may it be for solo grinding or for some party play. The reason behind it is that no matter how you go in, once you complete a couple of bosses and kill Beelzebub, you would all still a good deal of cash, of course soloing it would still be the most rewarding.

From what I've read in posts, the money that you get from FB109 has been decreased greatly, while the hp of monsters have increased (not sure if the hp has been affected). The moment that the money that you can gain from FB109 was lowered, the "value" of going into that dungeon and finishing it was also reduced. This also meant that, if you're a person capable of soloing FB109 before or someone who just loves to join FB109 parties, you'll be getting a lot less now, especially in a large party. In this case, the most affected part of an FB109 session is the Party Play aspect. Why bother doing an FB109 with other people if you can make near the same, equal to, or more money soloing somewhere else in much less time?

For example, I can make 10-13 million gold an hour grinding somewhere else, when in the past, someone who can solo FB109 can make near or around 30 million after finishing the entire dungeon alone. Right now, if the money that you can really get from FB109 has been decreased by around 50%, then someone who can solo FB109 will be making only around 15 million gold. The bad part is, FB109 takes a lot more time to finish, normally from what I've seen, people can finish it in around 1 to 2 hours. In my personal view, if a person can make 10-13 million grinding somewhere else in a very reliable 1 hour time frame, versus making 15 million gold in a tougher dungeon that could take anywhere between 1 to 2 hours to complete, then the more logical choice, if you're after the money, is to do your grinding elsewhere. In essence, FB109 has lost its "purpose", which is to give players who solo or like to party more money than when grinding somewhere else.

Suggestions:
Of course, since I already took the time to point out what I see as negative effects, it's only proper for me to also suggest things that would make some positive changes.

1. Create Solo and Party Instances of Dungeons

The game is supposed to be an "MMO", a massive multiplayer online game. The "massive" part is very easy to see on the official servers of the game because when people do a google search about online games, they'll see the official servers first. We are playing on a private one and the amount of players is definitely only a fraction of what the official servers have. In other words, our population will always be too small when compared to the official ones. This means that for most players, there isn't much a lot of people that you can go and play with anytime.

Another aspect that affects the private server is that, aside from having a small population of players, the players all live in different time zones. For example, in the guild that I am (Naissance), there are players who you only see at night, because my night time is their day time. This also rings true for many other guilds. Living in different time zones hinders players from finding people to play with in a party.

The "heart" of a supposedly massive online rpg game is playing with other people, but unfortunately, just like in every private server, this becomes a problem, due to low population and people living in different time zones. To counter this, in my opinion, it would be good if our private server had both Solo and Multiplayer Instances of dungeons, which I'll be describing below.

Solo Instance Dungeon - this dungeon is an easier version of the multiplayer version. The money and materials you get would be around 1/3 of what you would get if you were in a full party in the multiplayer version. The hp of monsters are definitely lower, soloing this would be easy even for people who only use HH armor and weapon. The point of this dungeon is, if you have nobody else who wants to party with you, at least you can make some money or farm for materials doing this dungeon without having to compete for grind spots outside of the dungeon.

Ex. You get around 30 million gold by killing all the bosses of this dungeon and a little extra from normal monsters inside. You get medium drop rate for materials as well.

Multiplayer Instance Dungeon - this dungeon is the harder version. The money and materials you would get by completing this dungeon in a FULL party is 3 times more than what you can get from the solo version. The monsters are very hard, and the party will definitely need the help from almost each class.

Ex. In a full party, you can get 90 million gold by killing all the bosses of this dungeon and a little extra from normal monsters inside.

2. Balancing for Successful Dungeon Run

The suggestions above are of course not perfect. If one person still has the ability to solo the Multiplayer Instance of the dungeon, then that person would just solo it most of the time, killing the main point of the dungeon. This is where balancing of the gameplay in the dungeon comes into play.

In balancing the dungeon, it would be good to have monsters that are weak against certain classes of players, but strong against others, but NOT IN A 1-HIT WILL KILL YOU kind of frustrating way. If monsters are able to kill players in just one hit, it will just cause demoralization to the general player populace. What the dungeon needs is a good mix of challenges that will require players to build a well balanced party.

For example, let's say there's a full party full of warriors only. The problem is, the dungeon will also have anti-melee type monsters, or those that are hard to damage if you don't have a magician in the party. The party of warriors will still be able to finish the entire hard multiplayer dungeon, but it would take them considerably more time due to the anti-melee type monsters. On the other hand, if the party was built so that there's a good balance between melee and magic attackers, then the time it would take them to finish the entire dungeon is much, much less because every person in the party can support the other when fighting against monsters that they should be weak against.

Summary:
If my post is too long to read, here's a gist of what I said.

Suggestions:
1. Solo Instance Dungeon - you get 1/3 the money and materials by completing this dungeon compared to what you will get in a FULL Multiplayer Instance dungeon. Dungeon is easy to solo, even HH armor and weapon is enough to use.

2. Multiplayer Instance Dungeon - you get 3 times the money and materials by completing this dungeon in a FULL party compared to what you get in the Solo Instance dungeon. Dungeon has a mix of anti-melee/magic monsters, a bit of higher hp, but they can't kill people in 1 hit. Balanced party is needed to clear this dungeon fast, unbalanced party will take longer time to finish it, but still possible.

Things To Avoid:
1. Monsters That Kill in 1 Hit - if monsters can kill players in 1 hit, it will just frustrate and demoralize a lot of players, causing them to just quit the dungeon or even just quit the server.

2. Monsters with Too Much HP - giving monsters too much hp as if they're bosses does not mainly increase the "challenge", it also increases the frustration factor.

3. Too Little, Too Much Drops - the point of soloing or playing in a party is to get drops that you can use. Having a very low rate of drops will make the point of playing just a waste of time, while having it very high will also cause the same. Try to balance the drop rate in terms of the requirements for creating stuff, such as the new warsoul items.

Things To Remember:
1. Fun is Important - although the meaning of "fun" is different for each person, the cause of frustration is almost the same for a lot of people. This is why it is important to listen to what the new, the regular, and veteran players have to say. The three groups of players have different needs, and normally, if it takes too long to get what they need, they lose motivation and enjoyment in trying to achieve whatever they need.

Well that's it for me, have fun all heheh :lol:
xhatedx

Post by xhatedx » 16 May 2010, 03:33

Very good suggestion, but again PW files are hard coded meaning its hard to edit idont think it is simple as just spawning mobsinto a dungeon and its notsimple to edit mob drops etc..updates take a while but then again great suggestion still i liked the way FB109 was before this new patch..im sure alot of ppl would agree, should havea poll on this xD
brokenman

Post by brokenman » 16 May 2010, 04:23

Seriously great patch....To all complaining about money in 109 don't rush it and kill the mobs you still make out rather well. I have been an LMS player for over a year now and since I first started playing the server has gone through many changes almost all of them positive. The only thing I have found tough but fair is the drop rate of 119 WS mats with the current drop rate tons of runs are necessary to make your items. But I think that is on purpose to make WS a little more special than say hh99 gears are to obtain. My overall grade of the patch is an A but I will not go into the criteria for the grade because I hate to be anymore long winded than I already am.