Database error on 1000x server

News, Patch notes and more

Moderators:Yviene, Laysie

boyasim
Re: Database error on 1000x server

Post by boyasim » 29 Feb 2012, 21:53

Astrid88 wrote:I hope you will do database backups more often. Once a week should be fair enough. I believe people from 1000x are really pissed of losing months of their hard work (fortunatelly I am from 200x). Also the 2500 cubi is definitelly not enough. It might be nice for people with lvls 109-minus but what with those having WS/Nirv armors and weapons already? They will have to grind it again. And the grind will be harder because they will get their lvls back (more lvl = less drop rate) and noob EQ (noob EQ = they kill mobs much slower, some mobs are impossible to kill).

In my opinion they should get EQ according to their lvl. For example almost every lvl 118 has a WS set and lvl 130 is done with Nirv. Also most lvl 111 has their WS weapon already. 115 usually is working on WS and has some of WS set parts. Same with 125. 109 is working for their WS weapon and has most of the mats, some of them have the weapon molds too.

Btw. Last saturday when my WR got a lvl I got a feeling "There will be a rollback soon", I have had no reason of thinking like this, it suprised me. Well, I quess I am a "Cassandra". :o :lol:

i agree with this!! or use item with exparation date 2 to 4 weeks long its good if custome!! :D
iferget
Doom

Post by iferget » 01 Mar 2012, 05:16

Astrid88 wrote:I hope you will do database backups more often. Once a week should be fair enough.
Unfortunately it's not that simple.

I'm sure he does backups more often, he said "all newer backups were lost". That implies there were newer backups, but they were unusable.

My guess is something in the database got corrupt. That means you have to roll the db back to before the corruption began. Otherwise when you restore it, you restore the problem that nuked the system too.
Either that or it was a catastrophic hardware failure. In my field we're required to have separate off site backups (so if the building goes up in flames we don't loose anything). IDK if that's an option for this situation or not. It gets kind of expensive, (redundand hardware), and uses bandwidth resources (which means lag).
I'm not even sure how to do it with a dynamic database without shutting the server down for a few hours (so the database isn't changing while you send all the information to another site). That would mean weekly downtimes.

We do backups after hours, this server doesn't have closing time.
I never realized there were so many rules to being a non-conformist.

Wakisa(WB) 1000x
Thor(Descent)
vendielord

Post by vendielord » 01 Mar 2012, 07:58

Hi Lms

Can you back my character level 115 xxLuBu(WR)

i have Warsoul set blue cross and dual kunlun but i dont have the pic....

thank you...

its all i want is the level..its ok if my items will not back just level...tnx ^_^
vendielord

Post by vendielord » 01 Mar 2012, 08:00

Hi Lms

Can you back my character level 115 xxLuBu(WR)

i have Warsoul set blue cross and dual kunlun but i dont have the pic....

thank you...

its all i want is the level..its ok if my items will not back just level...tnx ^_^ :D
Fire_Shot
Autoscopy

Post by Fire_Shot » 01 Mar 2012, 16:32

omtodkar wrote:
Fire_Shot wrote: Those from 200x pls shush not ur problem.:mrgreen:
They are just trying to help or give some suggestion. If you cant help atleast dont stop other :? .
What i wanted to say is that i don't see any "greater cause" in what happened and sry if i offended any of you.^_^
pedrox1994
Transform

Post by pedrox1994 » 02 Mar 2012, 01:03

LMSalready is not the first time I've been behind you asking for my items back.
Please I'm posting up here in the forum for you at least give me an answer.
I already sent you a private PM / Private Chat / in game mail / email the hotmail / talked to you in the game / tried to create a chat room
in order tried in every way and if I had your phone for you I still care
why you're not answering me anywhere. (or have not received a response nor a short wait)
LMS I know you have many people to resolve more what people are talking in the game that is not to return the items they lost like me.
And as I've already seen and everyone is already commenting in the game you're not returning.
I'll peopl please lms our exforso our work on our struggle 16h a day for almost 2 years 4 months can not lose all that easy.
We are waiting for a placement if you want. [/color]
NOT COST ANYTHING YOU COME HERE IN FORUM POST SOME DATA FOR RECOVERY OF ITEMS / HOW ARE YOU GOING TO DO.[/color]
We're just waiting your LMS.
The faster you comesar faster you will finish it.[/color]
Although I still think I came late to say many more have already left the server from what I've noticed.
And if you get our stuff back to enrrolando staff will run all of your server. (not to injure not lms I like the server but the reality is that you are losing players and their server was not already too full is getting emptier[/color]
Please we are all screaming for help as well as your server[/color]
thx so much for read[/color]
CowardTheCow

Post by CowardTheCow » 02 Mar 2012, 21:24

ROLLBACKS ARE PRO!!!!!!!!!!!!

jkz jkz jkz jkz

lms my name is coward i sent you SS of my gear all custom and lvl150 give me plz lawl
nayab12

Post by nayab12 » 04 Mar 2012, 09:43

omtodkar wrote:Hello

Its really a sad news for innocent players who don't payed customs with real money. And who really farmed hard for it in few months. Many peoples are leaving server for this reasons for them i would like to say, Its a really huge loss of everyone and please give time to LMS to settle it, don't rage quit server. Also 2500 is not enough for those who have lost billions of coins. No one take SS of there own bank, for that i suggest there should be some another option.

We are like family here we love, we fight, we live our part of social life here stay together in bad times as we were together in good times.

Thank you everyone.
Good say Bulls.
Balmung

Post by Balmung » 05 Mar 2012, 16:43

well that sucks for new players
~Balmung~ I am Peace I am Order
CowardTheCow

Post by CowardTheCow » 10 Mar 2012, 23:44

w.e stuff happens gear easy to make and LAWL i kno like 10 ppl that scammed lms for free lvls and got lvl 150 chars doing nothing so chill out pplz and work with friends/ your guild and farm your guilds gear back this game wasnt a solo game till lms made custom soo chill out and farm like in good old perfect world

<---Coward most pro non custom barb on this server!!!!!!!!