Open Beta of new patch has been started.

News, Patch notes and more

Moderators:Yviene, Laysie

LMS
Site Admin
Open Beta of new patch has been started.

Post by LMS » 11 Sep 2011, 10:39

Every one who are willing to help us improve this update can join test server to test new patch for bugs/problems and then report it here please.
1000x users can login with their accounts to test server.
200x users if you dont have 1000x acc, please register account for test server here create char lvl 10 and email to lms your 200x char name->test char name (and account names) for copy from 200x to test server.

Do not update your current client or you wont be able to play.
Install lmspw full client 54 to another place (backup your link to lmspw live client on desktop before this coz it will be replaced) or make copy of lmspw client and update it manualy.
Links for beta patch:
part 1
part 2
part 3
Instructions: Download 3 parts to same place, unpack patch with winrar, and apply manual patch. After update launch game from startclient.bat file.

Update 28.10.2011

Thank you all for reporting bugs, all of them was fixed.
Everyone who have open beta patch 55 will have to download smaller patch 56
Update of live servers is scheduled on Monday, 31.10.2011 (if nothing major will be discovered).

There will be announcements about that on forum, website and in game.

Ok so here is open beta patch 56
apply only on beta client 55.

Please test and report if any problems, bugs etc.

Whats new:

Genesis locations, mobs, items, fashions, flights, pets etc.
added guild house instances (enter via guild manager) (one for GM events, one invasion and one pvp area - guild base)
added Chapel for weddings
Chrono map now have all 4 maps opened.
Snake Island instance is now opened.
added daggers
added more destinations to teleporter stone (to chrono, beehive)
changed some big pets to all class battle pets. Old pets was changed to smaller types.
changed 1k stream city safe zones, most part is pvp zone now.
Added safe zones on 1k stream city rancor areas. No m ore regulations on pk at rancor. If you want avoid bein PKed stay in safe zones. Ther's plenty of them.
added heaven tome lvl 6
Black edition of g17 armor is now available (can color only if have set of 4 items customed with your name, for free)
Quickbar was increased from 6 to 9.
many other minor edits and fixes.
Head Admin
niko1
Autoscopy

Re: Open Beta of new patch has been started.

Post by niko1 » 11 Sep 2011, 15:55

is there a list of stuff that are included in new patch?
hittycix

Post by hittycix » 11 Sep 2011, 16:38

why i cant login with new patch ?
Lyssaria

Post by Lyssaria » 11 Sep 2011, 16:57

Hitty: make sure you have chosen the test server

LMS: New players don't start with anything, the free Geographical cannot be purchased (error in service function request), Guardians is the only one who holds territory according to the 'Territory' map. there seems to be ☐ characters at the end of every quest message box. This patch looks like it should still be in closed beta testing

Anyone who has problems starting the update via the startclient.bat file as the 'elementclient2' could not be found, edit the startclient.bat file to target the name of the patched elementclient
iferget
Doom

Post by iferget » 11 Sep 2011, 22:29

what format would you like feedback on the beta? here in this forum, e-mail, or ingame?
ArchUrToe

Post by ArchUrToe » 12 Sep 2011, 03:40

Wave Breaker cliff mobs respawn too fast and at times respawn in the air. inventory items and such arent the same as 1000x server. seems more like an old mirror image of what we used to have. same goes for the lvl/exp for example in 1000x server i have about 25% exp on this one i have 3% exp.
forest of songs mobs also respawn too fast only seconds from kills but gold drops seem normal. waterbeast mobs have a decent 23 sec respawn rate. The blunted lance stand quest giver for balle lance battle guide can not be clicked. teleport masters working good. blacksmith pesli in tellus city is inside the wall...lol. there are 2 teleport masters selena in tellus city standing next to each other. so far no glitches found on land ill keep you guys posted ty.

ArchUrToe
Axid

Post by Axid » 12 Sep 2011, 14:43

Items and stuffs etc. are just copy from Friday backup of 1k server.
iferget
Doom

Post by iferget » 12 Sep 2011, 16:50

Couldn't buy teleport stones from cubi mall. Nice new flights! Are there new tameable pets for WF in tideborn or Earthgard lands?
FB139 has strange mix of lvl 50 and lvl 140+ mobs. mobs look different. FB129 has poet so it can be wined (not sure if that's intentional, but I'm sure someone will like it.
Blunted lance stand 125 mobs respawn like mad! Kill 1, by the time I kill second one, first one respawns. At 136 (nearly) full custom, I was getting pulverized by never-ending mob of 4 of them, seemed like exp was low to me, wonder what others think.
Hard to compare to current server as I have leveled up twice on at least 2 of my characters since the backup was taken.

Very interested in crafting new weapons- any way to get free cubi or LMS coins on the test server for crafting tests? I'm guessing everything on test server will be wiped when it goes live so there's no long term gain in it.
Probably need to see how tideborn weapons do equipped on non-tideborn characters.
as I've never seen more than 1 other person on at one time, it may be hard to get WS RF molds to craft new g17 claws. maybe give/loan claws or molds to different character classes, look for bugs grinding with those.
nobles

Post by nobles » 12 Sep 2011, 18:13

I have this kind of problem: I can log in test server, and choose character, but after i press start, game close, but no errors. I tried create new char, but same thing :( Any solutions to that?
iferget
Doom

Post by iferget » 13 Sep 2011, 02:01

nobles wrote:I have this kind of problem: I can log in test server, and choose character, but after i press start, game close, but no errors. I tried create new char, but same thing :( Any solutions to that?
Do over.
Delete all but the 3 new patch files in the new folder. Recopy LMS folder contents to that location. manually patch again. I haven't tried zoom patch in combination, so if you have that on LMS folder revert to origional and try.
Make sure you are performing these steps with administrative privleges or won't patch right! (I did that the first time).