Resolution =/

You can ask for help here

Moderators:Yviene, Laysie

ohsoazian
Resolution =/

Post by ohsoazian » 03 Jun 2010, 17:55

Hi, I have just downloaded the client & installed all the up-to-date patches, but I find to my disappointment that there is a lacking in some resolutions... I am using a 32" LCD screen & can only run 1364x768 effectively, all other resolutions do not fill my screen... any patches I don't know about to fix this?

Thnx in advance.
MindyPrice7654

Re: Resolution =/

Post by MindyPrice7654 » 03 Jun 2010, 18:50

why is it that youd like full resolution? full screen or not the game quality is the same :roll:
Signature under construction
Bowfinger
Doom

Post by Bowfinger » 03 Jun 2010, 20:03

If you would like the honest answer, this is a limitation of your LCD television.

The game will only give a maximum of that said resolution (at widescreen) therefore is not a fault of the game itself :)

PC monitors were built/designed to cope with a much broader screen resolution.

Are you playing in windowed or fullscreen mode?

There are probably ways to "faux" the game resolution but that would be by using a 3rd party application that may not be supported by LMS and/or considered as modifying the game files and to my knowledge is not condoned.

I'm not a moderator but thats what I "think" is right...
x1000 - Solomon
420man
Transform

Post by 420man » 25 Jun 2010, 17:58

Ive run into this problem on another private server of pwi. This game allows my maximum setting of 1440X900 but the other one only allows 1364?x768. Its gotta be a game or server issue since i can get two different resolution max from essentially the same game. Also official lets me do max resolution too.
iferget
Doom

Post by iferget » 26 Jun 2010, 01:04

A few thoughts

My wife has a 22" widescreen with a max resolution of 1600x900 and the game allows her to use it.
I have noticed that on full screen, the game it is very dark. So dark it's hard to see everything. This is on all 3 of our computers (2 desktops and a laptop, 3 different video cards). Windowed mode displays beautifully on all 3, full screen is too dark to see. Having said that, I have run the game at 1600x900 on her computer without any other problems. This leads me to the following.

First: what is the maximum native resolution of your monitor? Every monitor has a max. Windows usually (but not always) detects what that is and limits the resolution to that. (The exception is if you have an analog monitor, then it will limit you to the max for your video card and sort of "fake" a resolution higher than what the monitor can do properly.)
Second: What is the max resolution of your video card?

If the specs on both state resolution maximums above what you are seeing, then I don't know what to tell you. The limit may be somewhere else. My wife's computer is a graphics workstation (3.7 Xeon processor, nVidia Quadro card graphics card) and may have subtle resources to compensate. (I really don't know for sure)
I never realized there were so many rules to being a non-conformist.

Wakisa(WB) 1000x
Thor(Descent)
420man
Transform

Post by 420man » 26 Jun 2010, 02:15

iferget wrote:A few thoughts

My wife has a 22" widescreen with a max resolution of 1600x900 and the game allows her to use it.
I have noticed that on full screen, the game it is very dark. So dark it's hard to see everything. This is on all 3 of our computers (2 desktops and a laptop, 3 different video cards). Windowed mode displays beautifully on all 3, full screen is too dark to see. Having said that, I have run the game at 1600x900 on her computer without any other problems. This leads me to the following.

First: what is the maximum native resolution of your monitor? Every monitor has a max. Windows usually (but not always) detects what that is and limits the resolution to that. (The exception is if you have an analog monitor, then it will limit you to the max for your video card and sort of "fake" a resolution higher than what the monitor can do properly.)
Second: What is the max resolution of your video card?

If the specs on both state resolution maximums above what you are seeing, then I don't know what to tell you. The limit may be somewhere else. My wife's computer is a graphics workstation (3.7 Xeon processor, nVidia Quadro card graphics card) and may have subtle resources to compensate. (I really don't know for sure)
the dark screen you are referring too is some sort of bug that when you first start playing, the gamma contrast is set to minimum. its not called gamma in the settings but its the gamma for sure. Just adjust that slider in settings and its fine.
iferget
Doom

Post by iferget » 29 Jun 2010, 23:20

420man wrote: the dark screen you are referring too is some sort of bug that when you first start playing, the gamma contrast is set to minimum. its not called gamma in the settings but its the gamma for sure. Just adjust that slider in settings and its fine.
do you know what it is called? I'm having a hard time finding it.
iferget
Doom

Post by iferget » 01 Jul 2010, 18:04

found it! Help thread on "Dark Screen".
Vyper!on
Immortal

Post by Vyper!on » 01 Jul 2010, 18:05

The posts from this thread get smaller and smaller. THANK GOD!!!
Vyper!on