Clothes/wings/etc from Primal World

You can ask for help here

Moderators:Yviene, Laysie

KenziKitsune
Autoscopy
Clothes/wings/etc from Primal World

Post by KenziKitsune » 10 Jun 2014, 05:58

im new to this server, though not to PW-played it with my family since it came to the US in '08. but this newest version has me in a talspin, and, frankly, angry. weve watched PWI go from a 'fun to play online' game to 'free to play, pay to win' one, and this latest stunt of theirs, letting the player actually get some nice clothes, aerogear, mount, for the cost of a little grinding, but then take it away when the player enters the main game, is infuriating! i didnt realise this was the case, until my youngest son told me today, and it really took the fun out of the game for me. with a family of six, we dont have money to spend buying PWI gold, so no hercs, phoenixes, good aerogear/mounts....so we came to play on PvE servers to be able to play like 'rich' players.

please, tell me that one of the 'fixes' made here in this version of the game allows us to keep what we get in the primal world? ive looked all over the forum, but found no answer to this... :cry:
[font=Verdana]"Mama Fox"[/font]
Shara
Vigilance

Re: Clothes/wings/etc from Primal World

Post by Shara » 12 Jun 2014, 17:04

Hello KenziKitsune

Sorry for the late reply. :)

I'm not much on the PvE server myself lately so not sure, but asked the others about it. Clothing/armor and such coded by PWI itself expires when leaving the Astral Domain or Primal World, mount and wings/flight you still keep, I think it's too hard coded to actually fix and prevent other items from expiring once you leave :cry: , but you can always suggest or request LMS to look into it. ;)
You can still get permanent fashion, faster flights, etc from the Boutique/Item Mall and/or some of the NPC's in west Arch, or if you prefer something that looks a bit more morai-like, there were quests that gave some armor with a specific look based on your class in morai. :mrgreen:

My facebook page if you need to contact me and I'm not online here, on the website, or in-game: Facebook
KenziKitsune
Autoscopy

Post by KenziKitsune » 15 Jun 2014, 02:55

thanks for answering! rats....it does just seem so very wrong and unfair of pwi to lead people on like that, especially when its impossible or horribly expensive to buy clothes and dyes on the gold shop. my avatars there are still wearing stuff i bought when the game was new in the US, and the only reason i have a tiger mount and griffon is because they were gifts. all part of the reason my family plays more on private servers....frustration. i wind up being something of a clotheshorse, because i roleplay my avatars, and dress them accordingly. i just hope you have a particular wig i saw on another server, that had a beaded headband and blue hoop earrings...really liked that one!
Shara
Vigilance

Post by Shara » 15 Jun 2014, 22:07

Hello KenziKitsune

Yea, PWI can be a bit of a pain like that. :?

I believe our PvE (1.5.1) server has most of the hairstyles I think. They're in Boutique and some were also in the fashion npc in west Arch.

For x1000 it is a bit more difficult as not all new hairstyles work and they may require a update/patch to be made. We do currently have tideborn and other ones but they must be put on your character through editing your character customization files. We have a guide with some hairstyles codes here: Hairstyle Editing
If the guide itself is a bit too difficult or such, just check the link below the first yellow text, it has a smaller guide in it.

Hope this helps a bit. :mrgreen:

My facebook page if you need to contact me and I'm not online here, on the website, or in-game: Facebook
KenziKitsune
Autoscopy

Post by KenziKitsune » 15 Jun 2014, 23:59

heh, if i were going to try fiddling with codes, i would try to change my veno
s tail colour! when i was a GM in Blood Dragon, my son coloured it black, and i called myself LadyZorro! speaking of venos, i totally love the tiny one who is the pet manager in the primal world! i have to find a way to take some good screencaps of her, shes adorable!

but i am glad to know we wont lose everything, though i really dont like the fugly mount...eww and creepy come to mind! most of the armour i wont miss, though my clerics peacock feather armour and beautiful glave ill really mill....most beautiful set ive ever seen in all my years in the game