Lag!!

You can ask for help here

Moderators:Yviene, Laysie

xkronos626
Lag!!

Post by xkronos626 » 27 Jan 2012, 10:30

Pls help me when i start the game everything is fine but after a min it lag i cant kill monsters,talk to npc,use skills etc. I need your help >.<
Astrid88
Vigilance

Re: Lag!!

Post by Astrid88 » 28 Jan 2012, 16:37

I got similliar problem but the issue is caused by my internet connection since noone else is experiencing lags at the same time as me and when I check my ping to any website (start/run/cmd/ping anywebsite I check onet.pl ) it is too big (even 2000ms! usually it is about 20ms!). Also my dad at netbook (the same connection) is experiencing some problems even though he is not playing LMS - just surfing the net.
Ask your internet provider, maybe he will help? Currently I am looking for the cause of the issue with the help of my internet provider. We changed router but the problem is still going. Connecting computer using a cable not wifi helped but I still have some lags (not as much as before but still some) and ping vary. We suppose there might be something wrong with antenna (radio internet), maybe there is too much snow on it? xD

What connection are you using? Cable LAN, a wifi, radio internet, mobile internet...?
When you experience lags check http://pingtest.net/ and http://speedtest.net/ . It might tell you something about the cause of lags. (stable ping less than 50ms, speed at least 200kb/s should be enough for the game run decent, less than 20ms and more than 1MB/s should be perfect, about 300ms ping at any speed will bring you 2sec lags everytime you use a skill or click anything but if it is stable you should be able to play, speed less than 200kb/s will cause game to load slower especially when teleporting to ADC, ping jump for example from 20ms to 1000ms mean unstable connection and will definitelly cause huge lags, even 2 mins "being stuck" <- thats my problem, speed jump like 100kb/s to 1mb/s might cause some lags but shouldn't be a huge problem for gameplay if ping is stable). Find out whats your problem ;)
Ebon
Transform

Re: Lag!!

Post by Ebon » 28 Jan 2012, 23:20

If everything freezes as you stated i doubt a ping booster would be much of a help. But google Leatrix, free latency booster. It should significally decrease your ping.

It sounds like your problem is mainly on your connection rate or your ISP, if everything else works until a certain point that is.
Ebonarch - Elf Archer - LVL 150 - 1000x