Chinese is on our server?!

Moderators:Yviene, Laysie

iferget
Doom
Re: Chinese is on our server?!

Post by iferget » 12 Jul 2011, 02:34

I'll try the "duplicate name" button.

I can say screenshots are tricky for me to send. By the time I resize the ss to the point I can send the image in an e-mail, it makes some things hard to read. I have done it, I have no Idea if the GM's could read who the player was.
Astrid88
Vigilance

Post by Astrid88 » 12 Jul 2011, 12:29

iferget wrote:I can say screenshots are tricky for me to send. By the time I resize the ss to the point I can send the image in an e-mail, it makes some things hard to read. I have done it, I have no Idea if the GM's could read who the player was.
What is the problem? The file weight (MBs) or image size (pixels)? As far I know in most cases the file weight is the problem since it upload itself for a looong loong time. I don't know any "e-mail adress providing" website that puts restrictions in image size (at least gmail doesn't do it). Just the weight is problem if your internet connection is slow.
The game puts screenshots in bmp format which usually have a few MBs (2-3MBs) weight but you can change the format easly to jpg using any graphic program - you can simply use the "Paint" included in any Windows system. With a few clicks you can change the file weight from 3MBs to 150kb (which is 20 times less!) this way without loosing any important data (names might be a little blurred but still easly readable, using better program than "Paint" to change file format will make the blur less, personally I am using "GIMP").

To do it with "Paint" just right-click on the image, click "Edit", when "Paint" opens click "File/Save as" and change file format to JPEG.
Piece of cake.
iferget
Doom

Post by iferget » 12 Jul 2011, 16:30

My screen resolution is pretty high and my ISP does limit file size to under 5 mB. Not to mention, I have a tendancy to try to ss proof of what they did (my bad, I know) and end up trying to send in 5 or more screen shots at once.

It can be done, but takes time copy, paste, open irfanview, cut, resize, ... It's a pain, but I have done it.