A request from a new player ^^

Moderators:Yviene, Laysie

TienLii
A request from a new player ^^

Post by TienLii » 27 Oct 2010, 11:58

Hello all, this is my second post so i'd like to say HI!! lol

Just something i'd like to ask, im gonna download this game from my University labs cause the net is incredibly fast there, but i have a problem :roll:
yo1cam.com is blocked by my University for some reason hence i cant use the mirror links to download the 5 parts which would have been incredibly helpfull lol.
I see your other option is MegaUpload. Seeing as though most of us dont have a premium account isnt this kinda inefficient? Downloading 1 part at a time. I have tried a few times and i get this from MegaUpload "Download limit exceeded, your in the process of downloading a AVI file already" Which im clearly not lol... Also torrents are completely blocked by the campus aswell, so that option is ruled out also.

Anyway my suggestion is, maybe if there is a very kind soul out there, they could upload the 5 parts using Mediafire im sure pretty much everyone here knows this site and how easy and efficient it is :) Can i suggest changing the megaupload links to mediafire? Or maybe just have Mediafire as another option :P This would be awesome if a GM could do this.

Sorry to sound like im whinning so much lol, didnt intend on doing so. Just really want to play!! :D

TienLii.
Astrid88
Vigilance

Re: A request from a new player ^^

Post by Astrid88 » 27 Oct 2010, 15:52

You can download almost any pw client (except the latest PWI client with tideborns) and then patch it as the "Option 2" in download section shows. Currently I am running the game with PW Europe client since I didn't feel like download the a few GBs once again (with my internet connection I need 4 hours to download 1 GB file - waste of time) and got the Europe client on computer already. Everything seems to be fine. I get occasional crashes when taking quests but it happend to me like 2 times since I am playing (over a month already) which is not so bad. I remember playing oficial PW MY where I was getting similiiar crash almost every time I got to ADC. I quess it is because of my computer. Poor hardware, thats it.
TienLii

Post by TienLii » 28 Oct 2010, 12:01

Hi there :D

Thanks for the reply, i was just wondering maybe i can just do it as you said. Could you provide a link to the site i can download this PW Europe client from? Or maybe the site that you downloaded it from (if you can remember :P) that would be most helpfull. I have seen this client here --> http://www.ausgamers.com/files/details/html/31003 and this site here --> http://download.mmosite.com/html/1/2217/

Would either of these be fine? Also if a GM is reading this topic and if they read my first post im just wondering if it could be possible to provide those Mediafire links
as an alternative to MegaUpload for downloading the client.

Thanks again,
TienLii
Astrid88
Vigilance

Post by Astrid88 » 29 Oct 2010, 12:57

I downloaded the instal file from here: http://www.pweurope.eu/index.php?page=download (you will see 3 files there).
How about the versions found by you? The first one you could try. The second one won't work I quess (it looks like they finally implemented tideborns).
TienLii

Post by TienLii » 29 Oct 2010, 15:02

Thanks for the link Astrid, i might just use the same method you did

If i download from that site do i let it Auto-Update? Or do i just go straight to using the Option 2 on the LMS download page?
Astrid88
Vigilance

Post by Astrid88 » 29 Oct 2010, 15:34

Use "Option 2". If you let it auto update you will get PW Europe instead of LMS PW.
LMS
Site Admin

Post by LMS » 29 Oct 2010, 23:22

best way is to download torrent
try this attachment
Attachments
LMSPW.torrent
lmspw full client 52
(15.22KiB)Downloaded 485 times
Head Admin