The -6 Chant stone mess ---a polite rant!!

Moderators:Yviene, Laysie

jtook
Autoscopy
The -6 Chant stone mess ---a polite rant!!

Post by jtook » 22 Oct 2010, 14:05

Can we have someone please give information about what's going on with the -6 chant stones. People are equipping their hard-earned ws weaps with the stones, only to find they give 2% crit instead.

Whilst i understand perfectly managements desire to keep each character as evenly matched as possible, not providing the relevant information of the changes, and worse, not changing the descriptions of the items in-game is ridiculous.

I'm hoping there be a way to swap the wrongly equipped weaps, because the fault lies with management, and not with mistakes made by the player.

Talk to us GM's, dont go all PWI on me!!
Sandor
Autoscopy

Re: The -6 Chant stone mess ---a polite rant!!

Post by Sandor » 22 Oct 2010, 14:42

SheilaV wrote:So point is we all gotta custom? what happens to the non-customs? I'm pretty sure that not EVERY people wears customs.

Particularly casters who must deal with slower castings now that the stones are changed to crit stones.

Anyhow an announcement or any type of notification about these stones being changed might be nice. A friend bought 2 virgin angels for his wep and realized they were crit stones and not -casts, he just wasted hours of grinding moneys for something he did not want to buy in the first place.

Was kind of a disappointing way to figure out these stones were changed. I don't know if this was announced at 1k server, but I'm pretty sure there were no notifications at 200x. Sorry if this is a lil out of topic, I just had to tell how I feel.
I saw this post in other thread to, so more players find it out after they bought the stones. Information in lms coins furnace is still -6% channeling and information from ws gear didn't changed to.

Please make announcements when things changes and make sure information on items are how it is. It really sux if you grind 30 mil for a stone and then find out it isn't what it saids it is.
jtook
Autoscopy

Post by jtook » 22 Oct 2010, 18:36

http://perfectworld.yo1cam.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8806

Thanks for the response guys, you have restored my faith in GMkind! ;) ;)
SheilaV
Vigilance

Post by SheilaV » 23 Oct 2010, 07:48

ahh that's more like it, now people will be more aware of it. thanks for the announcement, GM :)
plooks

Post by plooks » 23 Oct 2010, 11:25

I still have some doubts about this, the change means it's done on all the stones? I mean if i have a weapon that had a -6% chan now is 2% or it only affect new uses of them?

If the case is that only when u socket now you get 2% crit then... how is that balanced?

Besides if the case is all changed then, thank you for letting us change the stones

So thats the clarification i need

Thank you!
jtook
Autoscopy

Post by jtook » 23 Oct 2010, 16:16

Agreed! Could we get some information on whether older weaps are also changed. It's sounds a little absurd to have half the Mage classes running around with chanting and, the others - the newer converts from PWI - not able to compete with them! My guess is it will deter new players from joining the server!
Pluf

Post by Pluf » 23 Oct 2010, 17:58

Just thought i share this. On the matter as to when that update is gonna take effect the answer was 'not sure'.
Vyper!on
Immortal

Post by Vyper!on » 24 Oct 2010, 11:49

My sugestion is to reimplement -6 chant stones because non custom players need it. Nerfing custom equips with chant from -6 chant on piece to -3 chant on piece is ideal.
Also critical MUST NOT be added to mage.
Mage and Archer are pure damagers. First one relies on powerful atks and second relies on crit. If Mage gets 50% crit (wich is more than non custom EA has) it will be OP damager and it will be just as bad as instant chant.
Vyper!on
massacred
Autoscopy

Post by massacred » 24 Oct 2010, 13:13

Game Rules and balance invented and perfected not by us. And if you change them as you please, this game is no longer what it was before, naturally.
Can you believe it - the Chinese to a high luster polished game balance and the slightest change in it destroys the perfect balance. If the stones are added to -6% speed spells. That means it must be so, so right.This also applies to attack speed in physically attacking players.
This also applies to attack speed in physically attacking players.
It so happened on this server that the rate of casting or attack plays a significant role in the gameplay. And if you reduce this - many players the server will experience significant discomfort in the game and probably leave the server. It would be logical, because with too features a character to play on the official server or another free server, which is a lot of the Internet. Therefore it is not entirely reasonable to judge the environment based only on your own character, their style of play, and based on personal experience to say which is better, but worse. Simply take for granted the fact that those who make the game more intelligent of us all together (despite the fact that the Chinese are =)), and are better aware of what is good and what is bad for the game.Forgive me please for Google English and thank you for your attention
Marengo
Disengage

Post by Marengo » 25 Oct 2010, 10:59

massacred wrote:Game Rules and balance invented and perfected not by us. And if you change them as you please, this game is no longer what it was before, naturally.
the game here is already unbalanced comparing to official because of custom.
the problem is how to make things better for all, not for just some ppl for whom this or that bonus would be profitable personaly.

IMO, removing chanting and adding crit for these stones 100% profits custom players only. what about non-custom ppl?..
x1000 ~ WF ~ Marengo
Active on PWI-LC (same name)