Hi,i never played this game before

Moderators:Yviene, Laysie

darkclawme
Hi,i never played this game before

Post by darkclawme » 14 Oct 2010, 11:31

Well hi,ive never played this game before,and i want to ask you guys,what class would you recommend for a noob?And maybe some of you could link me a guide for noobs that really dont know anything about PW,really,NOTHING.
Vyper!on
Immortal

Re: Hi,i never played this game before

Post by Vyper!on » 14 Oct 2010, 17:08

I recomand you to read the description of the skills from all classes and choose the class that fits you.
Here is a link to a skill tree http://www.ecatomb.net/skillpwi.php
Vyper!on
Marengo
Disengage

Post by Marengo » 15 Oct 2010, 10:52

Vyper!on wrote:I recomand you to read the description of the skills from all classes and choose the class that fits you.
Here is a link to a skill tree http://www.ecatomb.net/skillpwi.php
imo, skill tree will say not much to a person who knows nothing about game) there was description of all class somewhere here (in guides or random section). every class has its advantages and disadvantages.

in short:

Warrior: DD. can tank. on this server is really good for farming. physical melee class. dangerous because of his stunlocks.
Magician: DD. low HP and physical defence, but good magic defence and good damage. ranged.
ElfArcher: DD. low HP, not too high physical and magic defence. ranged. relies on crits (double damage) a lot.
ElfPriest: another magic class, healer. low hp and physical defence. can send to sleep or root enemies for long time, heals and buffs himself and partymates. useful everywhere. rather slow, attack is lower than other dd classes.
Werebeast: tanker. has huge hp and physical defence. (supposed to be not very good dd but depends on gear and build on this server). fast. melee.
Werefox: summoner. can tame mobs and use them in fight. has not bad HP (in comparicon to other mages), but lowest magic attack of all magic classes (has wide range of debuffing skills, that compensate it). changes into fox, that increases physical defence. can be both - melee and ranged.

up to you to choose =)
x1000 ~ WF ~ Marengo
Active on PWI-LC (same name)
Vyper!on
Immortal

Post by Vyper!on » 15 Oct 2010, 14:02

Marengo wrote:imo, skill tree will say not much to a person who knows nothing about game) there was description of all class somewhere here (in guides or random section). every class has its advantages and disadvantages.
He only said he did not play PW be4:
darkclawme wrote:Well hi,ive never played this game before
I assumed he played other MMO. In all mmo things are the same and by reading skill effect you decide what class to use. That is how i did the first time i played a MMO and it turned out to be quite well.

-Also you mentioned that mage has low pdef. If mage wears heavy armor it has more pdef than WB.
-EA does not rely on critical at all because on normal server it's critical rate rarely reaches 50% and on this server mage has almost same critical rate. Actually all classes can get critical rate close to archer's.
-EP has a skill that absorbs damage into mana system and with a hierogram and mana pots it's possible to mentain that shield for long enough. Also it's atks are lower than other classes but the buffs amplify them a lot. Besides EP is similar to EA because it can atk with both magic and physical.
-WB is a very good DD if he uses titan strenght and some of his skills. Remember how zwei used to solo Warsoul in such a short time? It took longer for EA + WF to do it and EA is suppose to be DD....WB not :) (In case you will say he had 5 interval i remind you that he was using fists and fists do lower damage than EA+WF atking together).
-WF has skillls that debuff opponent and amplify damage. That compensates a lot for the reduced magical damage. Besides 3 fury spark is there to be used and to amplify damage. Each class gets 5x damage when using spark. WF has same damage as archer from what i've seen. The only difference is that archer has higher critical rate.

I think that reading skills description is the first step in making a char. Any good player will realise that WR and WB can tank due to the fact that their skills provide them with def. Also they will realise that MG and EA are pvp due to the fact that their skills have higher dmg comparing to the other classes;s skills :)
Vyper!on
Marengo
Disengage

Post by Marengo » 15 Oct 2010, 19:05

Vyper!on wrote: I assumed he played other MMO. In all mmo things are the same and by reading skill effect you decide what class to use. That is how i did the first time i played a MMO and it turned out to be quite well.
i thought so, but still think its hard to make a proper image of a class's + and - just reading skills descriptions
-Also you mentioned that mage has low pdef. If mage wears heavy armor it has more pdef than WB.
-EA does not rely on critical at all because on normal server it's critical rate rarely reaches 50% and on this server mage has almost same critical rate. Actually all classes can get critical rate close to archer's.
-EP has a skill that absorbs damage into mana system and with a hierogram and mana pots it's possible to mentain that shield for long enough. Also it's atks are lower than other classes but the buffs amplify them a lot. Besides EP is similar to EA because it can atk with both magic and physical.
-WB is a very good DD if he uses titan strenght and some of his skills. Remember how zwei used to solo Warsoul in such a short time? It took longer for EA + WF to do it and EA is suppose to be DD....WB not :) (In case you will say he had 5 interval i remind you that he was using fists and fists do lower damage than EA+WF atking together).
-WF has skillls that debuff opponent and amplify damage. That compensates a lot for the reduced magical damage. Besides 3 fury spark is there to be used and to amplify damage. Each class gets 5x damage when using spark. WF has same damage as archer from what i've seen. The only difference is that archer has higher critical rate.

I think that reading skills description is the first step in making a char. Any good player will realise that WR and WB can tank due to the fact that their skills provide them with def. Also they will realise that MG and EA are pvp due to the fact that their skills have higher dmg comparing to the other classes;s skills :)
omg so much letters :mrgreen: well, i mentioned main characteristics of each class. besides we dont know if darkclawme donates in future or not, and it might affect playing style and some other features. i just said what every class is supposed to do in this game ))
x1000 ~ WF ~ Marengo
Vyper!on
Immortal

Post by Vyper!on » 17 Oct 2010, 00:50

Marengo wrote:omg so much letters :mrgreen: well, i mentioned main characteristics of each class. besides we dont know if darkclawme donates in future or not, and it might affect playing style and some other features. i just said what every class is supposed to do in this game ))
...from your point of view :D
Vyper!on
Marengo
Disengage

Post by Marengo » 17 Oct 2010, 13:01

Vyper!on wrote:...from your point of view :D
nah) from the game's point of view) just because we have custom gear here all classes turned into full DD with insane dps
x1000 ~ WF ~ Marengo
Vyper!on
Immortal

Post by Vyper!on » 17 Oct 2010, 20:41

You expose only some things neglecting the others. That is why i say "from your point of view". My point of view is another :D
Vyper!on
Marengo
Disengage

Post by Marengo » 19 Oct 2010, 01:25

Vyper!on wrote:You expose only some things neglecting the others. That is why i say "from your point of view". My point of view is another :D
its based on official descriptions.
x1000 ~ WF ~ Marengo
Vyper!on
Immortal

Post by Vyper!on » 19 Oct 2010, 01:54

Marengo wrote:
Vyper!on wrote:You expose only some things neglecting the others. That is why i say "from your point of view". My point of view is another :D
its based on official descriptions.
I did not say it's not true...i just said it;s incomplete.
Vyper!on