Anyone have WB PK tips?

Moderators:Yviene, Laysie

iferget
Doom
Anyone have WB PK tips?

Post by iferget » 15 Sep 2010, 19:46

Does anyone have any tips for a WB in PK? I'm pretty good at mobs, but seem to fail pk almost every time. I know most warriors have lock and stun abilities. It seems like everytime I spend the first half of the fight clicking buttons to no avail. By the time I actually get to move, I've all but lost.
My skills take a long time to fire off, so I'm thinking I should just start out with strait physical attacks instead of my armor bash and bleed skills (first step with mobs).
I know tortolen is good when they're hitting with their big stuff, (provided I can move), but I've only got 1 skill that can overpower their heirogram when it gets close and I can't do both in short order (both use 2 fury).
I feel I'm doing this wrong.
Any WB's out there with some strategies?
I never realized there were so many rules to being a non-conformist.

Wakisa(WB) 1000x
Thor(Descent)
zezuan
Transform

Re: Anyone have WB PK tips?

Post by zezuan » 15 Sep 2010, 21:44

you could use chi pill to launch that other 2 chi needed skill... (no idea what it is. i don't play WB)
Marengo
Disengage

Post by Marengo » 17 Sep 2010, 22:41

zezuan wrote:you could use chi pill to launch that other 2 chi needed skill... (no idea what it is. i don't play WB)
lol
"i know nothing, but i will tell everything"
x1000 ~ WF ~ Marengo
Active on PWI-LC (same name)
Vyper!on
Immortal

Post by Vyper!on » 18 Sep 2010, 09:18

Lol Mar!
Dude i do not play wb but i fought some and i noticed that all good wb use tortlen when they are about to die. Tortlen reduces dmg with 90% i think.
In my opinion you should discover the secrets for yourself and develop your own strategy. That is much better than asking for pvp tips. Good luck!
Vyper!on
Broc923

Post by Broc923 » 18 Sep 2010, 15:18

I am a very good WB. I have 178 hours legit at my level. Which is 107. So that's good with all you customs running around. >.<
I normaly have my axes and a pair of decadals(claws) in where I can click them. Just use an axe, stun. Then use your skills that lower their defense and anything to lower their stats. Then Chop their hp with my decadals or as in your sense, chop with axes. You have to play it as a tank. Do not try to kill anything you cannot handle. Player info everyone before you attack. A key point is to look at how many con stones they have, and customs as-well. Buy some pills. My favorite is the level 6 ones that greatly makes you take less damage. Do not waste a turtle. It is pointless and stupid. Make sure to use Beastial-onslaught. It hits hard, and is ranged. I recommend going demon. Demon all your skills except Perdition, because..Well..It sucks and it is glitched. Mail ||KG|| in game if you play 1000x server. If you play 200x PM me here if you need more help.
iferget
Doom

Post by iferget » 20 Sep 2010, 17:17

Broc923 wrote:I am a very good WB. I have 178 hours legit at my level. Which is 107. So that's good with all you customs running around. >.<
I normaly have my axes and a pair of decadals(claws) in where I can click them. Just use an axe, stun. Then use your skills that lower their defense and anything to lower their stats. Then Chop their hp with my decadals or as in your sense, chop with axes. You have to play it as a tank. Do not try to kill anything you cannot handle. Player info everyone before you attack. A key point is to look at how many con stones they have, and customs as-well. Buy some pills. My favorite is the level 6 ones that greatly makes you take less damage. Do not waste a turtle. It is pointless and stupid. Make sure to use Beastial-onslaught. It hits hard, and is ranged. I recommend going demon. Demon all your skills except Perdition, because..Well..It sucks and it is glitched. Mail ||KG|| in game if you play 1000x server. If you play 200x PM me here if you need more help.
Too late for the Demon culti, I've already got heaven (I like the extra fury bump). Which pills do you recomend? I have a pharmacist character that can make them but I'm still experimenting with which ones are actually usefull. (I'd be happy to sell them if I could find an in game market)

I have figured out that for the most part my skills won't do as much as my axes in the long run. Good point with onslaught, (the Holy version does not miss, which is good when your facing an AGI based player) and it's quick! Holy perdition works (and takes less HP/MP) and instantly kicks in the hierogram (nice to have the control myself instread of just waiting). Otherwise it seems like most skills just take too long to fire off unless I've got a casting pot, but even then I wonder if I'd do better in the long run doing Ether fury for the extra damage and still just hacking at them with axes.
Vyper!on
Immortal

Post by Vyper!on » 20 Sep 2010, 17:48

Broc923 wrote:I am a very good WB.
I like the sound of this =))
Vyper!on
arvictor
Transform

Post by arvictor » 21 Sep 2010, 04:43

actually, WB's aren't made to be PVP character.. We'll for the large hp of WB's, you can have advantage but nonetheless, still no PVP type.. Go for dmg/sec if you want PVP build.. Hope this helps.. :mrgreen:
Bowfinger
Doom

Post by Bowfinger » 21 Sep 2010, 17:11

nothing wrong with WB!

I play(ed) a WB for a very long time and I could kill custom warriors, archers, mages.....whatever came at me.

Agreed that they are not a real suitable candidate for PVP, they are mostly for HH, bosses and getting materials (from both)

If you want to PVP, make an archer or a mage :)
x1000 - Solomon
Vyper!on
Immortal

Post by Vyper!on » 21 Sep 2010, 18:45

Bowfinger wrote:If you want to PVP, make an archer or a mage :)
But if you want to fight custom players and be one yourself then make Mage or Warrior
Vyper!on