What do we want from the next patch?

Moderators:Yviene, Laysie

Marengo
Disengage
Re: What do we want from the next patch?

Post by Marengo » 13 Oct 2010, 21:44

mightyeag wrote:Sorry in advance for being late to this topic and bringing up old subjects.

I agree with the guy who wanted WS boss hunting to be made more fair. Hell why shouldn't it be done? WS bosses weren't supposed to be in beehive to begin with, but they are there now along with GV bosses that also aren't supposed to be there. I don't see how it would be too hard to put WS bosses in instances so people can always have a chance to hunt them with their own guilds. Just because the molds become more available to the general public doesn't mean the bosses will be any easier to kill and the other 7 mats per WS item will be any easier to get. Also, why snap at him when it was only just a suggestion in the first place?
i lot of ppl have ws wep (who really want it), its not that troublesome to get molds
As for the topic about custom EA being weak, why not give your EA just enough str so he can wield edges or fists? I guarantee you that the amount of damage you deal hitting 5x a sec with those will surpass the damage you do with your bow. Also, the damage you do with your bow won't suffer too much from what it was as a pure agi EA. My EA on 200x can wield WS edges and still has like 13k dodge with holy buff (I put dodge stones in my gear). With the WS phy rings customed, giving 100% more dodge, I will have something like 22.5k dodge. The only thing that scares me is magic, but I think that is fair because I chose to mount most of my defense against what the majority of lmspw plays, WR. In short, EA is still very much playable.
mhm. every decent EA on this server has fists. and how will you use skills with fists? vs WR it will not work coz of their huge pdef and stuns. vs other classes... try to catch them first lol
x1000 ~ WF ~ Marengo
Active on PWI-LC (same name)
mightyeag
Autoscopy

Post by mightyeag » 13 Oct 2010, 22:13

Marengo wrote:mhm. every decent EA on this server has fists. and how will you use skills with fists? vs WR it will not work coz of their huge pdef and stuns. vs other classes... try to catch them first lol
For some reason I assumed he was talking about PVE when he referred to attack speed and damage dealing. You are right that an EA using fists against a WR would be very ineffective. Against phy chars in general I tend to use lightning and holy frost arrow which chant kinda slow, basically becoming a MG that can miss attacks. It is pretty hard for me to kill WRs or WBs solo since they have such high hp and even if I decrease their max hp, their hiero might still tick before I can finish them. In that sense, I can see why a pure agi EA would be better in PVP for slightly higher attack and higher crit.
Ryuujin

Post by Ryuujin » 14 Oct 2010, 07:32

A few things I would really like:
  • Extended camera zoom.
  • Select mobs via tab.
I bet they're unlikely to be implemented, but one can still hope........ ;)
200x - Ryuujin, RyuuFox, RyuuTiger and RyuArcher
Vyper!on
Immortal

Post by Vyper!on » 17 Oct 2010, 01:02

Marengo wrote:
As for the topic about custom EA being weak, why not give your EA just enough str so he can wield edges or fists? I guarantee you that the amount of damage you deal hitting 5x a sec with those will surpass the damage you do with your bow. Also, the damage you do with your bow won't suffer too much from what it was as a pure agi EA. My EA on 200x can wield WS edges and still has like 13k dodge with holy buff (I put dodge stones in my gear). With the WS phy rings customed, giving 100% more dodge, I will have something like 22.5k dodge. The only thing that scares me is magic, but I think that is fair because I chose to mount most of my defense against what the majority of lmspw plays, WR. In short, EA is still very much playable.
mhm. every decent EA on this server has fists. and how will you use skills with fists? vs WR it will not work coz of their huge pdef and stuns. vs other classes... try to catch them first lol

First of all i answer to the question "why EA does not use sword?"
EA with sword is far more stronger than warrior because:
-It has constant fire damage
-It has dodge a bit more than WR since no wr has dodge built
-It has more crit than any other class and a good acuracy
-Sword decreases physical defense. Warriors and WB have a lot of that and that is what makes other classes kill them hard but if sword neutralises it they are dead fast. EA have bad defense anyway. The effect of the sword does not make much difference on them.

Second i answer to the line in wich the fact that EA can't use skills is mentioned:
Swiching weapon and paralysing or stunning opponent is an option. Also wingrise and spark work without bow.That is not really the problem. The problem is that this char is named ELF ARCHER. The world ARCHER makes me think about ARCHERY not about sword swinging. EA is weak with bow not with sword and honestly what's the point in making archer if sword is main weapon?
Vyper!on
Marengo
Disengage

Post by Marengo » 17 Oct 2010, 12:58

Vyper!on wrote:Second i answer to the line in wich the fact that EA can't use skills is mentioned:
Swiching weapon and paralysing or stunning opponent is an option. Also wingrise and spark work without bow.That is not really the problem.
well, EA's stun is 2sec. paralyse is not that big problem as opponent can heal himself and use other skills and pills being paralysed. longer stun is more effective)
x1000 ~ WF ~ Marengo
Vyper!on
Immortal

Post by Vyper!on » 17 Oct 2010, 20:40

Marengo wrote:
Vyper!on wrote:Second i answer to the line in wich the fact that EA can't use skills is mentioned:
Swiching weapon and paralysing or stunning opponent is an option. Also wingrise and spark work without bow.That is not really the problem.
well, EA's stun is 2sec. paralyse is not that big problem as opponent can heal himself and use other skills and pills being paralysed. longer stun is more effective)
Holy EA has 4 second stun from outcold blast and has octoarray effect on colligion (if lucky)
Demon EA has 3 second stun from outcold blast and has another 3 of stun from colligion (if lucky).
Stuns are not the main skills EA can cast on his opponents. Decrease speed, hp, increase own crit etc.
Sword has impressive damage. It brings down a light armor bearer in 3 seconds with spark if it does not miss a single shot and even if the decrease defense effect does not appear.
Paralyse lasts 8 seconds. EA has critical+basic dmg from sword+500% dmg from spark+60-70% fire dmg from blazing arrow+if lucky the effect of decreasing physical def of the opponent. Trust me! That brings down everything:
Warriors can't use sutra for pdef because fire dmg rapes them
Mages don't have time to heal if they are in robes...same thing if they are in robes and if they go heavy armor style they will die a bit hard but still they won't have time to heal in case their pdef is reduced. Same for EP.
WB dies fast after tortlen is out...and HP reduce is wonderful.
And since reflect does not work in world....wfs are easy prey as well.

BTW....vs ranged classes using bow is better than wasting time geting close.

Still my question is the same again: Why is this class called archer if they are more powerful using WR weapons?
It's not fairl! EA can be OP but only if they go WR style. That is not EA anymore :)
Vyper!on
Jape
Transform

Post by Jape » 18 Oct 2010, 07:49

well words ELF ARCHER makes me think elf with bow and sword from fantasy books :lol:
mightyeag
Autoscopy

Post by mightyeag » 21 Oct 2010, 00:59

I actually never said sword, but I suppose your argument holds either way. IMO when the WR class can outdamage the "damage dealing" classes (EA and MG), it's time to make some changes. The ideal solution to make the different classes useful would be to take away -attack interval customs. While it is a blessing when taking down bosses with lots of HP, it unbalances classes heavily. Since taking that away is not an option and probably will never be, it isn't unusual for many people to leave harder classes to go and play WR or change things about their own class. I've even seen WBs that sacrifice tanking for attack and wear edges. After all, how can they tank bosses if the 5 speed WR next to them is making it impossible by stealing boss aggro every few seconds?

I for one like playing EA (and MG) because I like a challenge. In fbs where mag mobs can deal high damage, I decrease their hp with a bow skill, stun them, and move in for the kill with my fist weapon so they only do phy damage on me from close up. With phy mobs, I can pretty much bombard a whole crowd and rely on my dodge (and 33% damage off :mrgreen: ) to keep me alive. I don't think of myself as an archer really, but more of a ranger or rogue.
Marengo
Disengage

Post by Marengo » 21 Oct 2010, 01:31

mightyeag wrote:I actually never said sword, but I suppose your argument holds either way. IMO when the WR class can outdamage the "damage dealing" classes (EA and MG), it's time to make some changes.
WR is also "damage dealing" class btw ;)
x1000 ~ WF ~ Marengo
mightyeag
Autoscopy

Post by mightyeag » 21 Oct 2010, 01:51

Marengo wrote:
mightyeag wrote:I actually never said sword, but I suppose your argument holds either way. IMO when the WR class can outdamage the "damage dealing" classes (EA and MG), it's time to make some changes.
WR is also "damage dealing" class btw ;)
I was under the impression that WRs were a tank/DD hybrid. Good at both, but not better than the classes that were made specifically for those two things. I was surprised when I came to this server from official and saw WRs killing so fast. IMO the fastest a WR should hit is the speed they can when mixing HA and LA gear. I believe that is max 3.33 as demon WR and 2.86 as holy.

EDIT: I just read on another post that WRs in official can reach 5 speed with fists. How is that possible? I've tried all combinations of gear on my WRs and used cyclone kick and those numbers I wrote above are the highest I could get.