LMS Perfect World's Rules (Updated 19.05.2019)

Moderators:Yviene, Laysie

Fawnii
Disengage
Re: LMS Perfect World's Rules (Updated 4th December)

Post by Fawnii » 29 May 2010, 15:38

Using the word "illegal" <- We use it so people really know it's against the rules. Maybe I should change it to "against the rules"?
Sharing accounts is a no no. Giving out account info you can do to whoever you want but it's mainly a rule because of piloting.
And it's the number one reason how people get "hacked".
Vyper!on
Immortal

Post by Vyper!on » 29 May 2010, 19:15

True but that means you will automatically ban some1 that shares his account info even if no one did anything stupid from that account. This is what i say: if people share accounts but nothing bad happens as a result of this thing then the account should not be banned. Right?
I can't hide my account;s details from my relatives since we live in the same house. If i bring some of them on this server and they will play from work for example and i will lend them my equips then get disconnected and next day i will really need my equips don't you think that my relatives should log on my account and put them back or i log on their accounts and take them back?
This is just an example. (i do not use mail since i send a mail onice from one of my chars to other and it never reached destination. Also i sold cubi 3 times and i never got my cash so i do not rely on that system).

*this is just a random example
Vyper!on
420man
Transform

Post by 420man » 29 May 2010, 20:57

Yeah thats a small example but there should be no need to share account info. I have a friend who sits right behind me on his computer....we do not know each others account info. If you have troubles with mail system, then you either didnt put in the right name or its an awful bug.

Point is you never know what will happen if someone has your account. Even if its your best friend for 12 years, things can happen. Example of a real situation ive seen:

A good friend of mine shared his info with his wife. She left the comp (she has kids so she had to attend to them) her oldest sat down and played on daddies toon. Said child decided to duel, lost cause of lack of knowledge and then went on a tirade of cursing, racial slurs etc at the winner of the duel. Said account was banned, whether it was perma or not im not sure, but even if its family you dont know what could happen.

-If items need to be traded, given back etc....jsut plan ahead and arrange a couple minutes to do the trade.
-Always make sure you double check the name you mail too. Triple check it if you have to. In the 3 years i have played pw i have never had mail not reach its destination, whether between my toons or to other friends toons.

Its really not a hard rule to live by and its set for our protection.
Vyper!on
Immortal

Post by Vyper!on » 29 May 2010, 21:57

Well i have nothing against GM banning the account for sharing BUT ONLY IF something bad happens as a consequence of that fact. Banning an account just for sharing info is a bit too much. The word "illegal" makes me think that this is the "punishment" for sharing accounts.
Vyper!on
Marengo
Disengage

Post by Marengo » 30 May 2010, 00:04

Vyper!on wrote:Well i have nothing against GM banning the account for sharing BUT ONLY IF something bad happens as a consequence of that fact. Banning an account just for sharing info is a bit too much. The word "illegal" makes me think that this is the "punishment" for sharing accounts.
if smth bad happens on an account, does it matter if its shared or not?))
x1000 ~ WF ~ Marengo
Active on PWI-LC (same name)
Vyper!on
Immortal

Post by Vyper!on » 30 May 2010, 11:52

If something bad happens some people will say "it was not my fault. Some1 else was on my account".
In some games GM verify if that is true and do not ban the account but they force the player to change password. In my opinion GM should not do that. They should punish the player for the thing that has been done from that account. But for simply sharing the account i see no reason to punish. I shared accounts in other games. In some nothing bad happened and in 2 games i got hacked because my friends were negligent and let other people see my account information. Anyway...i was not banned in any game for sharing account information. That is why i say the word "illegal" is too harsh and too strict because it implies instant ban when GM finds out account information is shared. I have friends that know my account info and that never log in LMSPW because they do not play this game. But if they somehow decide to log and give this game a try from my account what will happen then? Will i get banned?
Vyper!on
Girls20010
Autoscopy

Post by Girls20010 » 31 May 2010, 02:15

Yo estoy de acuerdo, con las reglas. Aunque no las habia leeido. Y por eso Me ban mi Cuenta. y me estoy volviendo loco.. Leean. estas Letras no las hicieron por hacerla. son para cumplirlas. Ahora me estoy lamentando y rogando a los Gm`s por mi Cuenta.. Leean, para que nos les pase lo mismo que a mi por favor. T_T
Girls20010
Autoscopy

Post by Girls20010 » 31 May 2010, 04:09

:cry: Help Gm. I do not want to follow in ban. Please,
Vyper!on
Immortal

Post by Vyper!on » 31 May 2010, 16:39

Girls20010 wrote:Yo estoy de acuerdo, con las reglas. Aunque no las habia leeido. Y por eso Me ban mi Cuenta. y me estoy volviendo loco.. Leean. estas Letras no las hicieron por hacerla. son para cumplirlas. Ahora me estoy lamentando y rogando a los Gm`s por mi Cuenta.. Leean, para que nos les pase lo mismo que a mi por favor. T_T
Since English is the international language i belive you should not speak spanish on this forum.
Vyper!on
Girls20010
Autoscopy

Post by Girls20010 » 01 Jun 2010, 22:06

ok fawnii =D