Client Freeze during events or West ADC

Report bugs and rule breakers here

Moderators:Yviene, Laysie

benjudah
Naissance
Re: Client Freeze during events or West ADC

Post by benjudah » 11 Feb 2011, 23:58

Astrid88 wrote:
auton wrote: pentium 4 2.4 Ghz, one gig ram, xp profesional 2002 with service pack 3, navidia 256k graphic card. 37gig HD with 12 gigabyte free space and the full version client downloaded from lms site http://lmspw.com/guide.php .
And from your recommonded German server speed test (http://www.netmeter.eu/) result is:
Date and time: 11.02.2011 00:32
Download speed: 556,69 kbit/s (69,59 kB/s)
Upload speed: 391,21 kbit/s (48,90 kB/s)
Web ping: 343ms398.3ms828ms
Does these info help to fix the problem?
Ram and ping seem to be the problems (the internet connection seems to be quite weak too but the game usually doesn't need huge speed). You can do nothing with the ping (unless you move to Europe where I believe the server is placed) and you will experience lags anyway (mostly 1-2 seconds skill delays, nothing important - I got similliar ping in PW MY) but buying more ram should make you free from the complete game freezes.
Of course adding RAM should make the game play better. But minimum system reqs for the PW client are 512 MB and something in the last update has made even 2x the minimum reqs obsolete. To fix the problem we need to know what's jacking the RAM usage so high and find a way around it so folks who meet the system reqs for the game can play it.
Astrid88
Vigilance

Post by Astrid88 » 01 Mar 2011, 14:05

Nenaraz wrote:Users with Ati Radeon of, at least, 512 MB will have no problems
I am using integrated graphic card Intel 82945G with 128MB (!) and I got no problem (well, I am experiencing graphic bugs especially in lights and darkness parts but it is all, nothing interupting gameplay).

I got rid of my regular graphic card (ATI Radeon 3450, 512MB) a long time ago because of all freezes and computer restarts it caused (almost every time I turned on any game my computer freezed or restarted itself).

So the number of MB in graphic card is not a problem I quess. There has to be something else.
>Freyja<
Transform

Post by >Freyja< » 08 Mar 2011, 12:37

West ADC's always been a problem on all severs I played on, one reason was cuz all the afks and other ppl love to camp there and that's just too may connections in one spot so it lags. I guess WADC is kinda attractive to camp at, heh. Try to turn down your graphics, at least for me it runs much smoother, although I hate how bad it looks afterwards LOL.. but like others said it could be cuz of your pc and your RAM, hubby has the same problem cuz his pc is bit older than mine and his RAM is much smaller.. but I've seen it way worse than what it is here so I'm glad I can run through it real smooth and it doesn't take me 15 mins (on maxed out mount...seriously!!!!) like on for expample pwi..