No code crash and burn

Report bugs and rule breakers here

Moderators:Yviene, Laysie

benjudah
Naissance
No code crash and burn

Post by benjudah » 31 Dec 2010, 17:12

Been busy and haven't played much lately. But ever since the last update, I've had a lot of issues getting the game to play right. I don't get any kind of error codes, the game just freezes up and dies. I might log in and access a menu or two and then it seems to lag out but never recovers. I've tried closing all unnecessary processes in case something is interfering with the game but it doesn't help. Any ideas?
CAPU
Autoscopy

Re: No code crash and burn

Post by CAPU » 01 Jan 2011, 06:48

Im in the same bout man ! have ask but seems its just a few
benjudah
Naissance

Post by benjudah » 01 Jan 2011, 20:01

OK, here's what's happening. ADCW is nuking my RAM. I ran an app that optimizes and tracks my RAM usage. Outside ADCW, my RAM usage is around 25%. But when I go into ADCW the demand is over 100%.

I've got a GIG of RAM and I know that's not huge, but I've played the game almost a year now without any problems like this. I've found that if I close the mini-map AND turn on the best performance options, I can survive ADCW without crashing.

I've DL'd the current client, wiped the old one and re-installed it, but there's no change. Whatever is going on is related to something "big" and something new that's trying to run when I'm in ADCW. Any help?
Astrid88
Vigilance

Post by Astrid88 » 01 Jan 2011, 22:18

We got some updates lately and with each update the game requirements go up a little. Also, we got more players than last year, especialy in west ADC. So it is possible that your computer can't stand it sometimes. 1GB RAM is not much - If I were you I would add some.

You should also think about disc defragmentation (it has nothing to do with format - it just let your computer run files and programs faster since it don't have to look for parts of them in different disc sectors) and scanning your computer for viruses etc. Plus registry cleaning - it could help too.
Everyone should do it sometimes, especially on weaker computers.
benjudah
Naissance

Post by benjudah » 02 Jan 2011, 00:00

Astrid88 wrote:We got some updates lately and with each update the game requirements go up a little. Also, we got more players than last year, especialy in west ADC. So it is possible that your computer can't stand it sometimes. 1GB RAM is not much - If I were you I would add some.

You should also think about disc defragmentation (it has nothing to do with format - it just let your computer run files and programs faster since it don't have to look for parts of them in different disc sectors) and scanning your computer for viruses etc. Plus registry cleaning - it could help too.
Everyone should do it sometimes, especially on weaker computers.
Good points, and I do stay on top of defrag/registry/malware etc. bc I like to keep a clean system. This is a secondary PC and actually 1 gig is the max my board recognizes so RAM is upgraded as good as it gets lol and IDC enough about a game to go spend money I need IRL for a new PC that I don't really need IRL.

I don't have trouble with lag too much, I run TW's around crowds of people without any serious issues. I can run all over the world and all over ADC just fine until I enter any gate into the West City...then...BAM! Whatever this is its beyond lag, there's something "extra" going on in ADCW.

I'm hearing rumors of an issue that some people had to downgrade the update and then update to 54 from the euro server because of similar issues. But I can't find anything in the forums about it. Maybe someone knows if that's a rumor or if there's more to it?
Astrid88
Vigilance

Post by Astrid88 » 02 Jan 2011, 14:12

benjudah wrote: I'm hearing rumors of an issue that some people had to downgrade the update and then update to 54 from the euro server because of similar issues. But I can't find anything in the forums about it. Maybe someone knows if that's a rumor or if there's more to it?
Well... If I understand right I am one of the people... I got the game installed by patching the PW Europe client. Is this the "euro server" you mean?
benjudah
Naissance

Post by benjudah » 02 Jan 2011, 21:22

Astrid88 wrote:
benjudah wrote: I'm hearing rumors of an issue that some people had to downgrade the update and then update to 54 from the euro server because of similar issues. But I can't find anything in the forums about it. Maybe someone knows if that's a rumor or if there's more to it?
Well... If I understand right I am one of the people... I got the game installed by patching the PW Europe client. Is this the "euro server" you mean?
I installed this client about a year ago and it has worked just fine until whatever happened with the last update. Apparently there was a crash bug in V53 that was fixed with V54. My problem is that whatever "fix" was in V54 isn't working for me and I was hearing that some people went to the Euro server to get a fix for the problem. So I was looking for any information about that "fix".
CAPU
Autoscopy

Post by CAPU » 09 Jan 2011, 07:28

Sounds like the same prob i`m having !! and yep can`t even go in west . i had 2 gig ram when i updated and still couldn't go to west and after a week of trying it locked up on me and on restart i had lost 1 gig ram chip !! now i really cant even play game and def cant do what i love (PK) after spending 3 mouths getting my char to where i could start having fun lol. so now i just wait for a fix . cant see donating for custom tell i can play . :( the game should never go from using 12 % of ram to 98% or 100 % as has happened to me to :?:
benjudah
Naissance

Post by benjudah » 10 Jan 2011, 13:38

Wow...somehow I doubt the game crapped out your RAM stick, it was probably weak to begin with and couldn't handle any stress. But I'm not getting any answers. I've un-installed and DL'd the client both exe and torrent and there's no change. I've tried minimal settings and window mode and it doesn't help. Sometimes with the map off and optimized settings I can get around ADCW but it doesn't always work.

Are any GMs monitoring this board? Can we get some help here please?
CAPU
Autoscopy

Post by CAPU » 11 Jan 2011, 20:19

LOL didn`t mean to inply that but yes i see !! just still no help on the issue . :x