Blue Damage Text? No name for who killed you?

Report bugs and rule breakers here

Moderators:Yviene, Laysie

Vincent_
Blue Damage Text? No name for who killed you?

Post by Vincent_ » 18 Aug 2010, 07:44

To who this may concern, I fought player... I don't know how to type his name. ^Z/\!T0^ I think. Anyways, during the fight, I noticed that my damage log was quickly spammed by "using you ___ points of damage." in blue. After I died, there seemed to be no name to who killed you. I would understand if this was a simple bug being his name but there's been many people with odd names using symbols and their damage does not turn blue (or have missing text).
Image Player's name.
Image Blue damage and no name showing.
Vyper!on
Immortal

Re: Blue Damage Text? No name for who killed you?

Post by Vyper!on » 20 Aug 2010, 08:04

I do not think that is true because normal players can always decide to donate and also they vote for the site making it popular and causing more players to come (players that may donate).
The problem is the following:
LMS gave some bonuses to the donators hoping to make the game more spicy but it did not turn to be as he wanted. Game became unbalanced. Now he tries to restore balance but you see...if he just takes away the advantages he gave what do u think ppl will say? They payed money especially for those stats. They will become unhappy. Admin's job is to make players happy not unhappy. Therefor he is looking for a solution to make the game fair.He does not play this game as a player so he does not know what problems we have. That is why he is consulting with the other GM and with players in order to find out what we all need and make us all enjoy the game.
Do not demand that he makes fair in 1 day because that is impossible without upsetting some players that donated.
The worse unbalance is between custom items and regular items but that is compensated by the fact that a lot of players equipped with custom have no idea what it means to hold a mouse in their hand and use their items properly.So regular players stand a good chance vs them. However frustration appears. That is why i consider that LMS should hold events that have as reward pieces of custom items. The events should be rare and hard but still...ppl should be allowed to get custom not only for money.
Vyper!on
Jape
Transform

Post by Jape » 20 Aug 2010, 09:51

Game became unbalanced :lol:
.....pw is allways been battle of wallets..nothing never gonna change if you play official or private
we got warriors with 5 attack spear...should not be bossible but not to reach lvl 150 too ;)
life is not fair and same goes for perfect world..

but thats wrong really that hackers are not bunished..even they donate..
Vyper!on
Immortal

Post by Vyper!on » 20 Aug 2010, 17:58

I think that reducing chant for mage to half and to mele classes to half as well is good. That means 5 interval with fist but not with sword and spear. The one who should have most atk speed is archer due to the fact that for bow atk speed is calculated differently. If people watch closely the equips of R8...only archer has interval on them. WR and WB don't.
Vyper!on
Jape
Transform

Post by Jape » 20 Aug 2010, 19:56

i agreed that only fist should have 5 attack!!
have you looked rank 9 gears :P werebeast got 0.15 total interval in that..but wr dont have any..heh heh but well we dont have that yet..hope we got that soon too :D

but why would bow need faster attack..if bow get faster attack then i want my axe same thing
it and axes got highest dmg so they are ment to be slowest

:roll:
iferget
Doom

Post by iferget » 24 Aug 2010, 23:03

if it's going to be close to real life bows are generally slower than melee weapons. The ballance comes in with distance. An archer can get several shots off before he gets hit once by someone with a melee weapon. Theory being to fire bow you have to 1) grab an arrow 2)string it then 3) aim and fire. With a sword or axe, you 1) run up close 2) swing, each hit takes fewer steps.

Not counting charge/casting times, how many shots could you get off at long range before my WB could reach you to swing (notice I don't say hit ;) ) once? I've swung an axe (not at a person of course) and fired a bow. I could hit something 3 times with an axe before getting 1 shot off with a bow, with practice that speeds up, but not nearly to that of a meele weapon (maybe 6-8 p/minute). Of course that much realism isn't any fun, but it shouldn't be faster than a sword by any means.

Recognize however, I am biased. 8 out of 10 of the times I get pk'd it's by an archer, I'm usually dead ( or close to it) before I can reach them.
Dresden

Post by Dresden » 25 Aug 2010, 09:01

Given the right training you can shoot a bow to within a foot accuracy of the target at a rate of 1 arrow every 2 seconds.
Vyper!on
Immortal

Post by Vyper!on » 25 Aug 2010, 09:35

iferget wrote:if it's going to be close to real life bows are generally slower than melee weapons. The ballance comes in with distance. An archer can get several shots off before he gets hit once by someone with a melee weapon. Theory being to fire bow you have to 1) grab an arrow 2)string it then 3) aim and fire. With a sword or axe, you 1) run up close 2) swing, each hit takes fewer steps.

Not counting charge/casting times, how many shots could you get off at long range before my WB could reach you to swing (notice I don't say hit ;) ) once? I've swung an axe (not at a person of course) and fired a bow. I could hit something 3 times with an axe before getting 1 shot off with a bow, with practice that speeds up, but not nearly to that of a meele weapon (maybe 6-8 p/minute). Of course that much realism isn't any fun, but it shouldn't be faster than a sword by any means.

Recognize however, I am biased. 8 out of 10 of the times I get pk'd it's by an archer, I'm usually dead ( or close to it) before I can reach them.

You can't report the atk speed to real life due to the fact that warrior hits too fast. If archer style would be reported to real life then critical hits would mean archer hit the heart or the brain. That would mean instant win. I do not kill ppl in 1 hit :D
Vyper!on
zezuan
Transform

Post by zezuan » 25 Aug 2010, 14:06

i hope they give us g17 CROSSBOW in next patch. because crossbows hits harder and speed isn't really any matter with all these customs and the fact that most archers just CAST skills with bow.
Bowfinger
Doom

Post by Bowfinger » 25 Aug 2010, 14:14

or if you get close to them they bring out the warsoul claws/sword lol.
x1000 - Solomon