annoying pets

Report bugs and rule breakers here

Moderators:Yviene, Laysie

furiousone
Transform
Re: annoying pets

Post by furiousone » 19 Jun 2010, 16:48

Nothing is wrong with either of those skills you speak of tho. the paralyze hits when the skill itself hits, also no player is able to be knocked back in this game, only pve mobs (not bosses). EA is not the only one that has knock back skills that dont work in pvp buddy :), wb wr and mg have them too. Also i said you "may" have a bugged skill but i have yet to see it.

Yes i do have a EA as well as a WB MG EP and WF all 105+ so yes i know pretty much everything about all classes as i had to learn them all coming from PWI hardcore TW guild to know all my opponents when fighting them each week :).

I started as a WR yes and i have donated and love the class as its my main class on PWI as well, but i have switch to playing a WB and kinda liked it as well but not as much as my WR, i am also playing a EA now as i retired my WB for now and am realy liking the EA. Now dont get me wrong yes EAs are pretty weak vs a WR with 5.0 but we can out smart them in some cases.

But where i come from im all about team play, i can care less about 1v1 crap. there is no skill base in this game when it comes to 1v1 that goes for private server and official, it is all about who has the bigger bank roll or is willing to fork over hundreds or even thousands to make them better. to me there has never been any skills in 1v1 especially on a prvt server where most everyone rolls a EA WR WB and gets high interval and just auto attacks their opponent to death,,,wooopty doo lol. Anyone that spends 600$ on a character can easily dominate most in 1v1, but put them in a group vs group thats where the fun and skill is :).

Team play is where the skill comes in my friend :). thats why you see me in world chat calling other guilds out to NS or arena, im not calling for 1v1, im calling for some guild vs guild fun. Also always look forward to TWs as i did on PWI only for the team play.

Trust me i know where your coming from and understand your grief about EAs vs WR but hey it is a private server that offers over powered items thats not available on official thats why some people play here, to be over powered. but to think exploits is ok to use doesnt sit with me well, sorry.
Vyper!on
Immortal

Post by Vyper!on » 19 Jun 2010, 17:10

furiousone wrote:Trust me i know where your coming from and understand your grief about EAs vs WR but hey it is a private server that offers over powered items thats not available on official thats why some people play here, to be over powered. but to think exploits is ok to use doesnt sit with me well, sorry.
I come from 200x.... XD
Hell EA is a solo player
Heaven EA is a team player

I do not really have problems with any classes here (maybe wf pose a problem to me but they are not impossible to kill either) but i hate running in a pvp just because my paralyse does not work. It never happend to you but other people saw it when i just stunned them with colligion instead of paralysing them.
As for repulsive arrow...yeah i know it does not work in pvp and i don't really complain about it unless i hear other people complain about the so called "exploits" that come when they fight an EA.
All classes should have their + and - but adding the strong points and weak points we have a result and that result is that all classes are equal when it comes to PVP. At least that is the result on official.
Tell me how can an EP escape a wr that comes towards him with sss (anti sleep) and stuns? He must waste a pill or jump. Maybe that pill is needed elsewhere. He does not really have options in this case that is why WR should not have 5 interval. But since this custom was implemented and the game play was a bit twisted people look for ways to compensate for the disadvantages.
Some call these compensations "exploits" ..some call them "strategy" but one thing is clear:
custom brought advantages and diasdvantages and the ballance of the game was slightly disturbed. Until ballance is restored i think people should accept the "exploits"
PvP servers are not only for team work....actually they are more for solo fighting because leveling comes fast, farming is fast and killing is also fast.
Vyper!on
Abby_G
Doom

Post by Abby_G » 19 Jun 2010, 17:40

They could justs make the pets ghosts aka make em unclickable...
Abby_G - 132 EA
Abby_WR - 131 WR
Vyper!on
Immortal

Post by Vyper!on » 19 Jun 2010, 18:09

What is the point in buying that ugly frog face tree pet if it does not even protect you? My good taste tells me: "Hell no! if you buy that i am gonna kick your butt!"
Vyper!on
Midnight_X
Transform

Post by Midnight_X » 19 Jun 2010, 18:15

Vyper!on wrote: I find it fair that you can't click on some players because they have a right to play too. They feel the need to prove their worth but custom players always bring them down. Not everyone has the money to donate in order to donate for items.
That is why some ppl hide behind pets. I like that thing because a good player know show to target people who summoned pet to guard them.
as far i can see are donator using the the pets more than the "weak" none-donator and magic classes,
and staying in ur pet and just shot people is not the point of showing ur talents.

btw- the pw developers knew why they maked the normal all-class-pets so tiny.
myst & Sin Descent
wf & ep 1000x
Vyper!on
Immortal

Post by Vyper!on » 19 Jun 2010, 18:28

All can summon pet and try to use it as a cover but few really succeed to do it the right way. Take a good look at the most players with custom! When they use pet. You will see how easy it is to click and kill them.
I use pet sometimes when i am outnumbered because my def is low. Is that unfair? Why? Because i even the chances? It is not really and advantage only some people have. All players can hide in pet that makes it be fair. Few know how to use the pet properly that is some ppl say it is unfair.
I say that it is unfair in TW. In pk i think all should be allowed to use pet as cover because it makes the game more interesting for both sides (for the user of the pet because he can't click anyone if he does not know how to move his camera and for his opponents that only click the pet).
Vyper!on
furiousone
Transform

Post by furiousone » 19 Jun 2010, 18:29

well vyper this is not a solo game, its your choice you choose to be a solo player (no class is a solo class in any MMO hence the name massive multiplayer online game).

Also there is not one MMO game out there that is fully balanced lol, every MMO has its flaws and will always have its flaws in balance issue, every developer in MMOs is not focused on solo play, they build their games for team play. now you could always go play RPG where its just you and you only in the seat as RPG are all "solo" played games :P.

Resorting to exploits just cause you feel one class is better then the other is well wrong. Your in a fairly strong guild, grab some team mates and work together to over come them pesty warriors eh?

Sure private PW server do advantage the melee classes as they get mas attack speed but i have seen some top WRs drop like rocks against you and other good players/classes but whats the fun in 1v1? when there are hundreds on this server that can battle it out in mass multiplayer battles, thats what i call fun. Now if only we can get everyone out of safe zones and have some fun without all the dumb exploiting :| .
furiousone
Transform

Post by furiousone » 19 Jun 2010, 18:33

Vyper!on wrote:All can summon pet and try to use it as a cover but few really succeed to do it the right way. Take a good look at the most players with custom! When they use pet. You will see how easy it is to click and kill them.
I use pet sometimes when i am outnumbered because my def is low. Is that unfair? Why? Because i even the chances? It is not really and advantage only some people have. All players can hide in pet that makes it be fair. Few know how to use the pet properly that is some ppl say it is unfair.
I say that it is unfair in TW. In pk i think all should be allowed to use pet as cover because it makes the game more interesting for both sides (for the user of the pet because he can't click anyone if he does not know how to move his camera and for his opponents that only click the pet).
oh man your really not using your nogen lol. sure all class pets are available to everyone but the way they use them is not intended. what you just said is same as saying that everyone should go out to their local hack website and download hacks to take advantage in a video game, those hacks are available to everyone so your saying they should all use them?

Just because its available doesnt mean it should be used when it is an exploit or a cheat, thank about that buddy lol.
furiousone
Transform

Post by furiousone » 19 Jun 2010, 18:38

Anyways this is going nowhere and may be leading to a flame fest. So i will end it with my last statement. i believe i have gotten my point across.

Keep using exploits if it makes you feel better but it will never make you a better player, only an unskilled player doing anything he/she can do to take advantage of a legit player.

If you want balance seek out balance by trying to talk to GMs, dont seek out more exploits :).

the above statement is not directed towards anyone in particular but to the exploiters in general.
Midnight_X
Transform

Post by Midnight_X » 19 Jun 2010, 18:49

i agree with furiousone in all points :D
myst & Sin Descent
wf & ep 1000x