annoying pets

Report bugs and rule breakers here

Moderators:Yviene, Laysie

Midnight_X
Transform
annoying pets

Post by Midnight_X » 19 Jun 2010, 00:12

well its not really a bug, but its the most annoying thing in pvp.
ppl who staying in their all-class-pets and nobody can target them.

troublesome if this happen in tw all the time, and ppl using it for killing solo towers or just waiting in their catapults+pets ,here a screen:

http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab30 ... -46-45.jpg

many people was complaining about it now, thats why i post here.
want to remove those pets or make them killable, make a pet-button or anything else, but pls do something!
myst & Sin Descent
wf & ep 1000x
Abby_G
Doom

Re: annoying pets

Post by Abby_G » 19 Jun 2010, 01:10

Believe it or not, it actually is a strategy. i know, i hate it too. But it is available to all classes so you could do it yourself. as for killing them, that would be awesome, but they should have a measurable amount of health so they are still worth more than dirt XD
Abby_G - 132 EA
Abby_WR - 131 WR
furiousone
Transform

Post by furiousone » 19 Jun 2010, 11:56

Abby_G wrote:Believe it or not, it actually is a strategy. i know, i hate it too.
sorry but that is the most ignorant statement i have ever heard, calling an exploit a strategy? LOL people nee to learn to play a game without using exploits as their strategy, maybe try actually using a bit of skill?.

As far as hiding inside catapults thats not a problem as anyone can use alt to target a player inside a catapult. but hiding inside a all class pet is considered an exploit and people doing so should be dealt with till this server fixes the issue as the official servers have (adding in tab targeting and targeting through the "T" filter).
Vyper!on
Immortal

Post by Vyper!on » 19 Jun 2010, 12:34

it is a strategy. I used it a lot. It is not impossible to click such a person. However....it is annoying and it should not be allowed because it ruins the game.
Vyper!on
furiousone
Transform

Post by furiousone » 19 Jun 2010, 13:51

Vyper!on wrote:it is a strategy. I used it a lot. It is not impossible to click such a person. However....it is annoying and it should not be allowed because it ruins the game.
sorry bro but ignorance again. it is an exploit not a strategy, one day people will understand the difference lol.

Do i really need to state why its an exploit? Fine, all class pets are meant for show not for pvp tactics, ask any official GM from any PW servers or hell maybe just use common since :P. Using an all class pet to hinder another player from targeting you is not the intention of an all class pet meaning doing so IS AN EXPLOIT.

Either way like i said till LMS figures out a way to import fixes that official servers have made this server will continue to use exploits such as this as well as other exploits players think are legit, just because they are able to do so doesn't make it legit. What needs to happen is GMs should try and monitor such exploits and take action but yes i know it is hard to monitor every single person every minute of the day so im sure it will never happen.

So you guys that love to exploit and think the pet hiding is fun, just remember you are exploiting and only making yourselves look bad in the process, as well as ruining a simi fun environment for others.
Vyper!on
Immortal

Post by Vyper!on » 19 Jun 2010, 13:59

Last time ppl acused me of exploit was when i jumped and wr stuned me in air. They call it EXPLOIT. I call it STRATEGY. As long as repulsing arrow is worthless vs WR i compensate by geting stuned in air.
Why do u think that pet is called Forrest Guard? What is the point in having such a pet if it is useless? Tbh they don't look good at all so there is no way that frog face tree can be used as decoration.
If people do not use pet to hide then they use catapult and they obtain the same effect. :)
However i agree with you guys when you say that it sux in TW. Decoration pets should not be allowed in TW.
Vyper!on
Bowfinger
Doom

Post by Bowfinger » 19 Jun 2010, 15:13

The only pet that should be allowed in TW is WF battle pets and not the decorative pets.

People should use their own skills and strategies to fight, not indestructable/non-targettable pets. If these pets could be killed (and be allowed to be called up after 20 minutes?) then yes, fine, use them, but since they cannot be killed they are the most irritating things in the world.

Hopefully the admins will see this topic soon and reply accordingly.
x1000 - Solomon
Vyper!on
Immortal

Post by Vyper!on » 19 Jun 2010, 15:24

They are useful in pvp. But in TW they might allow a group of 5-6 noobs win vs a guild full of custom players becase te nobos can stay grouped using pet cover and no one will click them while catapults do their job. :D
Vyper!on
furiousone
Transform

Post by furiousone » 19 Jun 2010, 16:04

lol vyper your way of thinking is very flawed. you may have a bugged skill (which i dont see the bug in it as the skill still paralyzes the enemy along with the chance to stun as well), But to use that excuse to use exploits is pretty pathetic.

Either way you look at it and whether you want to believe it or not the pet issue is an exploit and yes the jump bug is also an exploit BOTH of which were handled and fixed on official servers, why? BECAUSE THEY WERE EXPLOITS.

there are 3 major exploits that are commonly overlooked on this and all private servers and people think its ok to use these exploits cause they still exist.

1 all class pets allowing other players to not target you = exploit.
2 being stunned in the air allowing a player to not melee attack you = major bug/exploit (which was fixed promptly on pwi forcing a stunned player to the ground regardless if they are stunned in the air).
3 weapon switching exploit (when a player uses a skill then switch weapon to avoid cool down of said skill to get the added effect = exploit.

all of the above ARE exploits of the game, the funny thing is people think its ok to use such exploits just because they are available to them which is sad.

Im sorry but im a gamer that has 0 tolerance for exploiters when it comes to player vs player. So keep telling yourself your playing legit and keep using these exploit if they make you feel better but all your doing is showing that you "need" such exploits to play a game.

And like i said before you CAN NOT hid inside a catapult as any player in the game can hold down the alt key to target the player inside a catapult, BUT YOU CAN NOT do the alt key for a player inside an all class pet which is why the pet issue is considered and exploit my friend.

Its all about game mechanics and knowing how they are intended to work, which i see most dont know how they are intended to work here in this game.
Vyper!on
Immortal

Post by Vyper!on » 19 Jun 2010, 16:28

furiousone wrote:lol vyper your way of thinking is very flawed. you may have a bugged skill (which i dont see the bug in it as the skill still paralyzes the enemy along with the chance to stun as well), But to use that excuse to use exploits is pretty pathetic.
Repulsing arrow and colligion bolt are 2 different skills.
Repulsing arrow is suppose to knock back the opponent while colligion is suppose to paralyse it.
Colligion works just fine (though somtimes it just stuns without paralysing).I can only knock back mobs with my skill. In pvp that does not work. Same for wingspan.
You know why on official that skill has been fixed? Simple. Warriors do not have 5 atk speed with sword.
On most private servers admins copy some features without thinking. That is why they "fixed the exploit"
If repulsing arrow would work in pvp i think it would be ok to drop on ground when stunned. Also...in air if i start dropping and get stunned i should continue drop ....right?
Ask yourself why most EA who donated and were full custom swiched to warrior or wb? Simple...EA game play starts to suck
As for this server...some people have custom. Some don't. I find it fair that you can't click on some players because they have a right to play too. They feel the need to prove their worth but custom players always bring them down. Not everyone has the money to donate in order to donate for items.
That is why some ppl hide behind pets. I like that thing because a good player know show to target people who summoned pet to guard them.

One more thing about getting stunned in the air.
If i jump i can't shoot and you gain on me because jumping reduces my movement in the horizontal plain. So i do not see the problem. You stun me...and you can't hit me because i am in air. But if you do not stun me i can't hit you either.You know how to stun in combo and also you can calculate my jumping time and see where i land and wen i land. You can stun in that moment.
Being stunned in air is in my disadvantage because when i am not stunned anymore i just drop from there without any possibility of controlling my movement trajectory.

You talk from the point of view of a warrior. I never heard a WB complaining about it and they stun me in air too.
It is hard enough for one class to play without all the available skills. Repulsing shot is one of the essentiale skills EA has because EA's dmg is reducing when opponent comes closer. What if LMS deactivates LionRoar and WR can't use it anymore? :) That would be fair too...EA can;t use 2 skills and WR can't use one :)
Vyper!on