Client wont start

Report bugs and rule breakers here

Moderators:Yviene, Laysie

eradokir
Client wont start

Post by eradokir » 20 Apr 2011, 01:02

I have downloaded and been using the latest client of lmspw from the lmspw site and it has been working with no problem.
Today when i tried to play.. i started the patcher it verified the client version(everything was ok) so the start button was available I clicked it and nothing happen.
There was no error message no nothing and after 1 minute the window from the patcher closed.
I reinstalled the client and had the same problem.
Any suggestions ?
Fawnii
Disengage

Re: Client wont start

Post by Fawnii » 21 Apr 2011, 22:21

Doesn't sound like it was correctly installed.
Or: if you run win 7 or vista, run as admin.
Did it ever start? Does it happen everytime?
If you start from the bat-file, does it do the same thing?
Astrid88
Vigilance

Re: Client wont start

Post by Astrid88 » 22 Apr 2011, 12:40

I get similliar problem sometimes (mostly when I try to run 2 clients or the computer is busy because of virus checking etc. - the patcher closes about a minute after "start" is ready for me).
In my case the fix is: do nothing else than turning on the game. Launch the patcher, do nothing while it checks updates (don't open your web browser, messengers etc.), as soon as "start" is available click it (make sure it got clicked and changed color) then do nothing while the game is loading untill you get into game or see nothing happens for next 3 minutes. If you do anything while the game is loading (especially press windows key on keyboard) the game will close itself.

Also check what programs work in the background. They may interfare with the game or take too much RAM.

I hope it help.