Adventure Event! @ all servers!

Moderators:Yviene, Laysie

oration
Transform
Adventure Event! @ all servers!

Post by oration » 08 Jul 2010, 06:55

Okay, I got an idea here for a fun event with equal fun for all levels!

Base Idea: Search and Destroy kinda setting. Limited Mobs with 1 hp are spawned all over the world of PW. (Probably around 100-200). Teams of 4 will embark from a starting point to find and kill as much of these mobs as possible. Each of these mobs drops 1 item of proof, and at the end of the event, the team who turns in the most items of proof wins!

Proposed time: Jul 31st, Saturday for 1~2 hours a few hours after or before TW. (May be made reoccuring, who knows?)

Rewards: Unsure. I was thinking of letting the '1 Hp' Mobs drop good gold, to be the reward itself, but then, it comes to the question of non-contestants murdering it for their own benefits.

Rules:
1) Party of 4. MUST travel together.
2) Only 1.5m/s aerogear are allowed. The max possible speed purcahsable at the starter NPC
3) Telestones are allowed. (The mobs are anywhere xP)
4) No PK-ing other teams.
5) No touching the mobs if you are a non-contestant. (Even if they do, there is still a team with the most Proof)- Make the Proof unable to trade and only tradable to GM's

Why do this?
Because I realized that the world of PW is large, detailed, and very beautiful yet few people go around to explore it. I want to show them how beautiful the game surroundings are. (People are always in FB's or the same old grind spot! Time to take a holiday!)

Why 4 people in a party?
Because it will be super lonely to do it alone or with just one friend, and not as hasslesome to get 6 people to join.

Why MUST they be together and how do you enforce it?
Few reasons, first is to promote teamwork (if you use a telestone, then everyone must be notified of where to go and such). Second, going into deep waters (YES I PLAN to have mobs there too, probably in bigger concentrations) is ****ing scary alone. Enforce this by GM Support. In that, I will be needing their help. (Or any players who wishes to be a kind of a watch person.)

Why no PK or other Aerogear?
Because we want this to be an event for all to enjoy!

GM please tell me what you think of this. I cant wait for the world of PW to be finally be explored!

My in game name is Reia11 @ server 200x. Mail/ PM me or respond to this post to show some love! . I will edit this post, when I have GM's support on helping me spawn stuff. xP
Vyper!on
Immortal

Re: Adventure Event! @ all servers!

Post by Vyper!on » 08 Jul 2010, 15:48

I doubt people from 1000x would participate but for 200x is good
Vyper!on
benjudah
Naissance

Post by benjudah » 08 Jul 2010, 22:50

Sounds interesting. We used a reverse twist on this in another game. Spawned bazillions of level 1 mobs all over the server and maybe only 5 of them dropped the "proof". But ALL of them dropped their normal noobity drops. It was up to the players to sort through the drops and find the "one in a million" drop for the reward. And it didn't matter your level or gears or anything...everyone had an equal chance to win. While it didn't quite have the "search and destroy" element, it was pretty fun.

If the spawn was virtually everywhere, it would make us go see the world, and yea even in the harder places where one may need a party to hunt. But either way, spawn events for special drops can be fun.
oration
Transform

Post by oration » 09 Jul 2010, 03:55

@Vyp - Why wont they? Well, we could try it out in 200x first, or since each mob should only have 1 hp, u can create a nooby char and participate right away!

@Ben - =) . Feel the Ex-Cite-Ment yet? xP
Vyper!on
Immortal

Post by Vyper!on » 09 Jul 2010, 11:26

on 1000x there is only 3 things that ppl want: PK, PK and PK. If your event has no PK then it is rejected by most ppl from that server.
Vyper!on
Abby_G
Doom

Post by Abby_G » 09 Jul 2010, 16:34

This event will be great for 200x, but 1000x is mostly a solo bird game. guilds chill out yeah, but squad play is essentially zero. besides, they are on a pk server for one reason: pk. good luck preventing them from murdering each other :P
Abby_G - 132 EA
Abby_WR - 131 WR
Vyper!on
Immortal

Post by Vyper!on » 10 Jul 2010, 21:38

so i am not the only 1 who thinks that :P
Vyper!on
abavaxi01
Autoscopy

Post by abavaxi01 » 11 Jul 2010, 11:40

I'm from server 200x and i guess thats an awesome idea, to create more events..

Just wanted to say from now that my english is not that good so i'll try to make you understand what i mean :P

About the event reward itself i guess ot could be like a quest kill, example:

Like Reia said a team of 4 that kill mobs all over the place and the mob kills is count by a quest u get (at an npc that appears when the event is opened) and for like ''each group of 50 mobs'' you kill, you receive a Box with like 5% to get ---- coins (certain amount of money, 5mils for example) and at the end if the team have like 1429 kills get like 29 boxes each person... since the probability is 5% you need to kill as much as you can to get as much boxes as possible!! And like cube... if you open the box and u didnt get the (5mils) u receive a ''sadness card'' that u sell at npc for 1coin but if you do get the 5mils is the same thing u sell to the npc the item but instead of ''sadness card'' is like ''happyness card'' or something lol

I hope u understood what ive tried to say,
hug to all ppl, kiss to girls 8-)
((< Outlaw >))
oration
Transform

Post by oration » 12 Jul 2010, 02:23

@Vyp Well, you COULD turn on PvP at 1000x if you want. The lower lvl ones who does not wish to contend in pvp could just make a character in 200x to participate in the event. After all at 200x, there is only a need for a wing to participate.

@Outlaw-> Like the cube of fate boxes. Good idea, if we were given each special tools to open it to prevent non-participants from digging it. xP
abavaxi01
Autoscopy

Post by abavaxi01 » 12 Jul 2010, 04:00

No, what i mean about cube is the sadness card thing.. i dont say that it needs a tool to open the boxes ;)
((< Outlaw >))