possible event

Moderators:Yviene, Laysie

Abby_G
Doom
possible event

Post by Abby_G » 24 Mar 2010, 02:17

This is a little bit complicated, and it will require quite a bit of cooperation to pull off. however, i have run it on the international server and it has been really good :)

The meat of the event:
There are two teams, one has the objective of getting to the finish line, and the other has the objective of preventing that team from successfully arriving at that place. Any means of transportation is allowed, however the travelling team will be restricted to mounts or wings that give the player a max movement speed of 10 m/s. The defending team will have less members, but can use any mount of any speed (preferably this team will have very good gear and wings to compensate for their deficiency in numbers). The event ends with the successful arrival of a team at the finish line, or the defensive team's successful elimination of all the racing team. Ill provide an example in case this doesn't make sense:

Team 1(~20 ppl): this team has to travel from City of Feather to Ethercity. They cannot use mounts or flying gear that allow them to go above 10 M/s. Some members will be killed, but if this team wins, all members will receive a reward. each player only gets one life, so if they are killed, they simply wait till the event is over and the winner is determined. again, this team cannot use teleport services. We will know if any member of this team cheats by timing how long it takes a player with a 10 ms mount to travel the set distance using the shortest path possible. this time will be recorded, and if any member of the travelling team arrives prior to this set length, guess what! YOUR A CHEATER >:O

Team 2(~5 ppl): this team can roam freely, using any means of transportation including teleportation. They can use any lvl mount and any speed of flying gear. preferably they have very good gear. This select group of ppl is supposed to pk any member of the travelling team. In order to keep track of who has been killed and who has not, this group will pm the head of the event (whether it be me or a gm or something). the head of the event will keep a list of all the participating players as to prevent players from cheating (Ex: player is pked, but continues to participate). This team wins by killing all the members of the traveller team.

Thats pretty much it, its complicated i know, so i would love any input or advice :)
Abby_G - 132 EA
Abby_WR - 131 WR
TianShi
Nirvana

Re: possible event

Post by TianShi » 24 Mar 2010, 03:49

wow worth a try! sounds a lot of fun ;)
Abby_G
Doom

Post by Abby_G » 24 Mar 2010, 04:16

Im gonna need to find a defending team for this event, so if you anyone who reads this is higher lvl and would like to participate, please sign up. Ill also take sign-ups for the runner team, but given that acquiring a team of the size i would like, this could take a while :P Meanwhile ill work on the rewards...
Abby_G - 132 EA
Abby_WR - 131 WR
TianShi
Nirvana

Post by TianShi » 24 Mar 2010, 10:50

Well i surely would love to help you out :) miyuki successfully held an event, you can ask her away about things if you want to :) but then again i would love to help. as for player's event you can view what LMS wrote here : http://perfectworld.yo1cam.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=228
Miyuki
Vigilance

Post by Miyuki » 28 Mar 2010, 13:31

hmm...looks like newbs with NPC items are prohibited XD I'm out T.T

anyway...good luck with your event...besides...u need lotsa nice guys out there who can monitor the participants. no one knows when someone wanna break the rules.
IGN: 1000x - miyuki lvl10x WF;
"Silver medal for 200m, Bronze for 100m. YAY!"
"Status: Inactive. Need REST!!!!!"
TianShi
Nirvana

Post by TianShi » 28 Mar 2010, 13:43

lol you can always join miyuki =)
Miyuki
Vigilance

Post by Miyuki » 28 Mar 2010, 13:46

bleh...i can kill...nor surviving for the event...get 1hko-ed everytime.
TianShi
Nirvana

Post by TianShi » 28 Mar 2010, 13:48

Well all you do is fly high and control the teams, i think.. soo :) if someone pk you, simple, just disqualify them from the event :)
Miyuki
Vigilance

Post by Miyuki » 28 Mar 2010, 13:55

so the first idea of this is:
Set namelist for Team A & B here first. So that we can know who's the participant. Participants should post their "application form" here before contesting... =.="

this is way too complicated....
TianShi
Nirvana

Post by TianShi » 28 Mar 2010, 13:57

Yea almost ideas are complicated..so ;) prepare it wisely too!